Who was the last Scot to score a hat trick against the English Champio

Blue Thunder

An Airdrie Legend!!! And a sad story to boot.

He scored 5 hattricks in the season Newcastle won the league. The odds have to favour one against the current champions (Huddersfield)

That's some record. Gallacher was before my time but he must have been a helluva player.

I reckon that the last player to do it was Denis Law, back in 1962. Ipswich were the champions in 1961/62, but had a dreadful 1962/63 season and finished 17th, narrowly escaping relegation. They took quite a few doings, and Law's Man Utd dished out one of them at Portman Road in November 1962.

Law bagged a hat-trick within the first 19 minutes, and went on to add a fourth later on, as United eventually ran out 5-3 winners. The details of the game are here.

However, there were 3 more recent matches for which I couldn't find goalscorer information, and in which the champions conceded at least 3 goals. Those matches are listed below. It is therefore possible that a Scottish player scored a hat-trick in one of these games.

08/04/1969 Wolves 3-1 Man City

09/03/1963 West Brom 6-1 Ipswich

08/12/1962 Burnley 3-1 Ipswich

I reckon that the last player to do it was Denis Law, back in 1962. Ipswich were the champions in 1961/62, but had a dreadful 1962/63 season and finished 17th, narrowly escaping relegation. They took quite a few doings, and Law's Man Utd dished out one of them at Portman Road in November 1962.

Law bagged a hat-trick within the first 19 minutes, and went on to add a fourth later on, as United eventually ran out 5-3 winners. The details of the game are here.

However, there were 3 more recent matches for which I couldn't find goalscorer information, and in which the champions conceded at least 3 goals. Those matches are listed below. It is therefore possible that a Scottish player scored a hat-trick in one of these games.

08/04/1969 Wolves 3-1 Man City

09/03/1963 West Brom 6-1 Ipswich

08/12/1962 Burnley 3-1 Ipswich

Dennis Law in the 62/63 season eh? It's been over 50 years then - since it last happened.

Fine work mate . Much appreciated,

Archived