Do you believe in the paranormal?

FlyerTon

Do you believe in the paranormal?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had something similar years ago when I was at a party at a mate's house. Everybody had left about 2am bar my mate, his girlfriend, his sister who I was seeing at the time and myself. We crashed out after about another hour, but I (I think!) woke up in the middle of the night and saw one of the guys who had been there earlier standing at the foot of the bed.

Seemed a bit odd, but I rationalised it at the time as him maybe having forgotten something and coming back, and just went back to sleep. It was only the next morning when I thought about it there was no way he could have been there - I'd seen him out myself. It was obviously a particularly lucid dream, but seemed so real at the time.

A good friend of ours who is otherwise semi-sensible, has regular sessions with a self-proclaimed "Animal Communicator".

This uhm...professional has little chats, not only with our friend's two current dogs but with her dead ones too. And then she "translates" whatever the dogs happen to tell her. Our friend has just recently bought a special blanket for her dog to use when they go camping because the dog told the communicator that she gets cold in the evenings.

Her money, spend it as you please and all that, but it pisses me off.

I had something similar years ago when I was at a party at a mate's house. Everybody had left about 2am bar my mate, his girlfriend, his sister who I was seeing at the time and myself. We crashed out after about another hour, but I (I think!) woke up in the middle of the night and saw one of the guys who had been there earlier standing at the foot of the bed.

Seemed a bit odd, but I rationalised it at the time as him maybe having forgotten something and coming back, and just went back to sleep. It was only the next morning when I thought about it there was no way he could have been there - I'd seen him out myself. It was obviously a particularly lucid dream, but seemed so real at the time.

Seeing living people at the foot of your bed is scary stuff indeed. Especially after an incestuous foursome.

Seeing living people at the foot of your bed is scary stuff indeed. Especially after an incestuous foursome.

Well, yeah - a fifth wheel would have messed up the ratio, and made it wrong somehow.

Should have perhaps made it more explicit that it was quite a big house and the bedrooms were nowhere near adjacent to each other. Even the most laid-back guy - and to be fair he was always fine with me going out with her - doesn't want to hear his wee sister shouting one of his pals' name at the headboard.

• 7 years later...

"It was well into the wee hours when Susan had her most haunting experience of the night. ‘We were in the New Prison and we formed a human pendulum, which is when three people hold hands and the spirit communicates through the person in the middle."

This Highland Paranormal Group seems like good fun and if the above excerpt is inductive of their time, they certainly had a nice night in Inveraray Jail 

Has anyone got experience of forming a human pendulum?

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

"It was well into the wee hours when Susan had her most haunting experience of the night. ‘We were in the New Prison and we formed a human pendulum, which is when three people hold hands and the spirit communicates through the person in the middle."

This Highland Paranormal Group seems like good fun and if the above excerpt is inductive of their time, they certainly had a nice night in Inveraray Jail 

Has anyone got experience of forming a human pendulum?

I'm tempted to ask if they could sort out some squeaky flooring, probably put down by Satan's minions.  

A number of times, Susan felt the temperature suddenly drop. This experience was backed up by Tess the paranormal investigator, who measured huge fluctuations in temperature with a special instrument.

A thermometer?

Edited by welshbairn

In some buildings I have been in, I have thought I have seen and heard people and upon investigation there was no one there. I am sure there is an explanation for that (i.e. tiredness, noises from outside sounding like they were coming from inside, weird shadows, the fact that some of these places were dark and creepy) and that they were not ghosts.

The human minds capacity to scare itself should never be underestimated.