Its all gone somewhat quiet!

Thanks Albino,yeah a lot of Stranraer supporters now having to backtrack on their ridiculous statements made as early as September,but to be fair to Tucker he did say he had got it wrong,but he is in the minority,I'm quite sure if things had gone badly we would have had them on telling us they were right to sack the the manager back in Sept,Oct,Nov etc.But what I'm led to believe is the Managers position was never ever talked about at Committee level,just on forums etc.We move onto the playoffs and another try,but hard luck to the Rovers you should be proud of your season.

Always going to be a season of transition but as I've said before, the majority of displays before Christmas were unacceptable.

The turn around has been phenomenal, guys like Cairney and Thomson have been like new signings Well done to the management and coaching staff for that.

Finding Belford and Dick have been a big part of our success since January and I presume these signings can only be down to the manager.

Reid also deserves credit for introducing young Turner and Kemp. Both look like they'll be very capable at this level.

Thanks Albino,yeah a lot of Stranraer supporters now having to backtrack on their ridiculous statements made.

Is it really ridiculous to question the manager/players when you're bottom of the league?

Stranraer have no god given right to any position but, being bottom of league at the midway point and on an eight game winless streak was worrying.

Good luck to Stranraer in the play-offs - cracking wee club from whose example the rest of us should be learning. Selfishly, I hope you stay in our League as I enjoy visits to Stair Park. (Except for the drummer boy.)

Even as a bit of a phonophobe, I don't really mind the drummer boys. In my mind it's a mini-success for diddy football to see them having fun and not taking the petrol train up to watch the Zombies.

Is it really ridiculous to question the manager/players when you're bottom of the league?

Stranraer have no god given right to any position but, being bottom of league at the midway point and on an eight game winless streak was worrying.

No Matt,but I did say they were being made in Sept,Oct when the man had only been in the job 10 minutes,but as I say the topic was never discussed at any level by the committee who had the common sense to ride the storm.

The 30odd lads who were singing and playing drum haven't been back. Old farts in the cooshed complained and after constant harassment from officials and stewards they no longer attend. If any of them do they stand behind the goals and don't make much noise. Absolute joke situation. Top policeman said to me they had to be watched. Bollocks. Just young lads making some noise not casuals.

The 30odd lads who were singing and playing drum haven't been back. Old farts in the cooshed complained and after constant harassment from officials and stewards they no longer attend. If any of them do they stand behind the goals and don't make much noise. Absolute joke situation. Top policeman said to me they had to be watched. Bollocks. Just young lads making some noise not casuals.

Top police man is a Queen of The South fan.

Archived