Pro Youth

rtg1971

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is rtg the general public have no tolerance for kids playing in the street any more and the first sign of it they call the police. I remember fondly playing in front of my house with pals and pissing off all the neighbours as the ball went in gardens, hit windows and knocked over garden ornaments but no one ever called the police..... Changed days unfortunately.

I'm at work so can't find the link but residents next to Dumbarton academy complained about a sfa football course being held at the school pitch during the summer holidays a few years ago. The reason being "noise" so they had to go indoors when it was sunny and they have a new artificial pitch. Probably the same folk who moan about the standard of football and wonder how to fix it...

I'm at work so can't find the link but residents next to Dumbarton academy complained about a sfa football course being held at the school pitch during the summer holidays a few years ago. The reason being "noise" so they had to go indoors when it was sunny and they have a new artificial pitch. Probably the same folk who moan about the standard of football and wonder how to fix it...

i know first hand about dumbarton utd & riversides issue with this park and its a total joke. The council build a school, replace the grass pitch with a 3g brand new surface, the residents complain of noise from children (how dare they make a noise) and the result is.....the park is closed permanently never to be used again. Its a disgrace!

As a neutral i agree Scott Brown is a very efficient footballer, not everyone can be a silky classy player.

Ignore the rangers beith supporter.

I've got no qualms about being impartial with my views towards any footballer at any club.

Loved watching Larson, cadette, di canio , lubo , Paul lambert , etc in a Celtic Jersey and appreciated the talent .

Scott brown though isn't a player that I appreciate watching and is a headless chicken.

A token hard man who has no football brain .

I've got no qualms about being impartial with my views towards any footballer at any club.

Loved watching Larson, cadette, di canio , lubo , Paul lambert , etc in a Celtic Jersey and appreciated the talent .

Scott brown though isn't a player that I appreciate watching and is a headless chicken.

A token hard man who has no football brain .

I would agree with that.

He's a good SPL player but gets shown up at international level and in Europe.

His second touch is usually a tackle.

i know first hand about dumbarton utd & riversides issue with this park and its a total joke. The council build a school, replace the grass pitch with a 3g brand new surface, the residents complain of noise from children (how dare they make a noise) and the result is.....the park is closed permanently never to be used again. Its a disgrace!

It is a disgrace, the old Dumbarton Academy sport facilities were shocking and a pitch like they have now is something that should be getting used by local teams and the community as often as possible, instead it lies locked up except for PE. Meanwhile the Vale of Leven one seems to be in use constantly.

This while happening at the same time that they're replacing East End park, so basically there's no floodlight pitches in Dumbarton currently.

It's all load of nonsense , kids of 9and10 are getting asked to leave there local teams to join the pro youth set up , this not only ruins the local run teams but also stop kids playing with there pals . Leave them until 18 onwards then see if there good enough to step up to junior or senior level

I've also watched guys who have the correct level of coaching badges for kids level but never been involved in football take training sessions that are terrible , there are hundreds of players out there who could take training sessions with there eyes shut but can't due to Needing a Certificate , load of pish

Fabi says "the ball went in gardens, hit windows and knocked over garden ornaments but no one ever called the police..... Changed days unfortunately".

Are they really changed days ?

Is that not exactly what happens when you're playing nowadays Fabi ? :lol:

Haha wouldn't know as can't get a game these days.... Cheeky fecker! Lol

I referee at both pro youth and boys club level and i can assure you the difference in standard is night and day.

Not just in the quality of football, but the quality of coaching, facilities, the lot.

Surely the more kids playing at that level the better? Why voluntarily downgrade the level of facilities and coaching kids get?

Sorry but I'm sure Gartcairn will agree thats rubbish regarding facilities. Pro youth have to use the same facilities as we do with council lets in most cases. You maybe talking high level, but not low level seniors. In fact both Gartcairn and Rossvale have their own astros. I have ex pros with licences and have run high level pro youth teams at the club. I currently have an SFA coach, ex senior coach, working with us. His next job is to work with Man City

Sorry but I'm sure Gartcairn will agree thats rubbish regarding facilities. Pro youth have to use the same facilities as we do with council lets in most cases. You maybe talking high level, but not low level seniors. In fact both Gartcairn and Rossvale have their own astros. I have ex pros with licences and have run high level pro youth teams at the club. I currently have an SFA coach, ex senior coach, working with us. His next job is to work with Man City

All sounds great vale man but to what end ? Juniors level? With all of this and that where do your aspirations lead you to, surely lowland league or east of Scotland league no? licenses are ten a penny and because you have ex pros coaching unfortunately it doesn't mean they are going to make better coaches than ex junior or high level amateur it's about aptitude for the game as much as anything else.

The minutest amount of players make it professionally going back to boys club and community clubs will see our game further slide

Pro youth is a much better experience where if your good enough you'll make it all this stuff about ruining boys or discarding them is easily answered if a boy is so distraught about being released he won't make it anyway players who are released and bounce back will

Football doesn't owe anyone anything you get where you are through hard work desire passion and luck

The standard level is night and day there are very good boys clubs and teams who can play at a very high standard but overall pro youth is head and shoulders above

As for facilities pro youth again is way ahead at the highest levels than boys club coaching is always improving most pro youth coaches come from boys club background are ambitious and passionate I am pretty sure there a lot of good BC coaches who would jump at chance to go to pro youth just like players do

Archived