Top 10 Amateur sides in Scotland ?

allabootgoals

I actually agree with you froggy pound for pound the west is strides ahead of the east in terms of the quantity of quality sides however I do think there are possibly 4 or 5 sides who are very well organised on and off field and are improving year on year capable of competing and certainly throwing up a surprise result.

Linlithgow Thistle are a very well run and up and coming side.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are talking about this season pal, not last. Every team will have different players for better or worse. Again you mention thorn last season, time will tell....

So what are you basing this season on? Thorn are unbeaten this season so I don't get your point pal.

I would say divisions 1a 1b are decent standard teams Cambria , Larkhall, westerlands , Glasgow harp , East Kilbride , broom house , drumchapel , cambusbarron to name a few

Too dismiss these teams as crappy you must not watch a lot of amatuer football game

The question I asked is what team you follow ? To make your judgements

I would say divisions 1a 1b are decent standard teams Cambria , Larkhall, westerlands , Glasgow harp , East Kilbride , broom house , drumchapel , cambusbarron to name a few

Too dismiss these teams as crappy you must not watch a lot of amatuer football game

The question I asked is what team you follow ? To make your judgements

Harp, Drum FP, Westerlands are poor in my opinion. Hoose and EKYM are good sides.

Froggy I agree, it's all about now .. not last year or the last decade but now!

You only need to see how many 'big' sides that are now gone! to see that.

There are a lot of sides being thrown in this thread on past success and yes! Go through hard times BUT have the foundations in place to always bounce back.

My opinion was purely made on this season .

Froggy I agree, it's all about now .. not last year or the last decade but now!

You only need to see how many 'big' sides that are now gone! to see that.

There are a lot of sides being thrown in this thread on past success and yes! Go through hard times BUT have the foundations in place to always bounce back.

My opinion was purely made on this season .[/quote

Good honest post, got to agree with him.

Top 10 in no particular order.

Colville park

Giffnock

Harenstanes

East Kilbride (csafl)

Hurlford

Greenock hsfp

Drum Utd

Southside

Craigshill

Doune

There is so many more teams in Scotland that could beat any of these teams on there day. Thorn Kilsyth haldane and ksc could possibly be not far off any one of these sides as they are having great seasons so far. This is just my opinion.

I noticed that some of the "top teams" are out of a major trophy already. St Josephs (Scottish and west) Thorn, Shotts, and the super unstoppable ksc drew with central whipping boys Steins!! Peace out

St Joes are out both majors. Who beat thorn? Was it the cale team who lost?

Steins 3-0 up with 15 to go lol

Very interesting today . If we listen to all the amateur football know alls as things stand now we should have had the Central select on a procession to the inter league title. As we stand Dunblane would be in round 5 accompanied by East Kilbride. Surprisingly for some and I would emphasise some we now have the complete opposite. It's a funny old game and for all the Ayrshire guys out there Steins still in it. Interesting times some people need to be less parochial.

I expected Doune to win against East Kilbride today sailor.

that is why I never mentioned that game!!

I am merely stating a point, the teams I have mentioned have been touted as top ten teams in Scotland!!

St Josephs to Albion, formerly known as the Jimmy Johnson Academy

and Thorn to Menzieshill!!!

Archived