Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

No.

People have been concerned for a long time about big events in Europe being a target for terrorists attacks

You're trying to say that they're not going to be more concerned after having an attack like this? This might be the last ever attack on France but to say they won't be more concerned for the Euros now is ridiculous, in my opinion.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're trying to say that they're not going to be more concerned after having an attack like this? This might be the last ever attack on France but to say they won't be more concerned for the Euros now is ridiculous, in my opinion.

No... I said they would have always had concerns about terrorists attacks at the Euros as they do for every major event in Europe.

Is it that hard to understand?

Where do you recommend they should move the Euros?

They'll be more concerned hence the increase in safety, security and intelligence gathering in the lead-up to the finals and through-out.

No... I said they would have always had concerns about terrorists attacks at the Euros as they do for every major event in Europe.

You said they'd have the same concerns as they had before tonight which won't be true. A country is bound to be more concerned about a terrorist attack after one has occurred, never mind one of this magnitude. I'm not saying they will or should move it. Of course they won't.

You said they'd have the same concerns as they had before tonight which won't be true. A country is bound to be more concerned about a terrorist attack after one has occurred, never mind one of this magnitude. I'm not saying they will or should move it. Of course they won't.

Of course its true, they'd have been concerned about a terrorist attack. They are always concerned about terrorist attacks

FFS, are you drunk tonight?

My original statement was:

I was more trying to point out that there is actually a chance of them moving this as they have moved/will move the World Cup because of it being too hot.

I can but I can also see the safety concerns people will have.

Got to agree with Enrico - would imagine that the World Cup/Euro's are "high risk" events where plans are made for the absolute worst case scenario. edit: or, indeed, a multitude of different scenarios.

I can kind of see what you mean tbf - can maybe see extra resources diverted for security to reassure people that it's safe to go and for political reasons, and more scrutiny over how prepared the security services are for a terror event, but your initial point about moving the WC out of heat concerns isn't really analagous here.

Everyone on Facebook is loving this #PrayForParis hashtag.

Sounds like a reasonable solution after such an awful tragedy. God clearly exists and cares a lot.

I'm sure each and every person that posts it is actually praying for them too as opposed to doing it for likes/because everyone else is...

Archived