Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

Some of the investigative journalism has been incredible. Stephen Nolan on 5Live earlier was interviewing the guy who drew the Peace for Paris symbol: "Tell me, why did you use the Eiffel Tower as a symbol?"

He actually asked that.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday Herald going for a pretty grim front page tomorrow.

Think it's inappropriate. It's helping spread the terrorists message of fear, the headline is intemperate and I don't think it's something kids in a corner shop need to be exposed to.

Also think it's insulting the intelligence of the readership to suggest they can't comprehend what terrorism means unless it is there in graphic detail. Yeah it's real life but plenty real life horrible shit happens that I don't think should be on the front of a newspaper.

Not going to lie, I'd have felt much safer in a hostage situation if I was armed as well. Not for a minute saying that this is justifies America's situation but it's true.

Aye but on one of those other nights out when you weren't being held hostage you'd trip and shoot your bollocks off or kill your pal or his missus or something equally sad.

After 9/11 if the west did absolutely nothing would the attacks on London Madrid and Paris have happened? By responding with aggression and destabilising countries thousands more have died. Let's stop the hypocrisy and double standards. Stop voting for the fuckers that backed the illegal wars.

Aye but on one of those other nights out when you weren't being held hostage you'd trip and shoot your bollocks off or kill your pal or his missus or something equally sad.

Chance I'm willing to take, my mates are cùnts and their birds are snakes with tits. Plus I don't need kids, they're needy.

Or accidentally shoot your missus in the toilet after mistaking her for a burglar.

Archived