Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

They're a state. That's why they're ISIS. That's not a word they picked out their arse. It's the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

You install democracy by massacring these terrorist c***s and allowing the good people in ISIS to elect their own leaders.

If the refugees lived in a country safe and democratic then there would be no need for them to row to Greece.

Did you read the long post by Frankie S from about two hours ago? Is far, far more complicated than you're making it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're a state. That's why they're ISIS. That's not a word they picked out their arse. It's the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

You install democracy by massacring these terrorist c***s and allowing the good people in ISIS to elect their own leaders.

If the refugees lived in a country safe and democratic then there would be no need for them to row to Greece.

Good people in ISIS?

Good people in ISIS? What the actual f**k are you on about?

If there is to be a military solution in Syria then it has to be in coordination with the government, as well as Russia and Iran etc. Government and military officials in both Iraq and Syria have been saying for the past year that the US coalition against ISIS isn't serious, and however much you want to believe the Russians have been hitting ISIS or not, what they have done in just a few weeks is shore up the Syrian army which can only be a good thing for the stability of the country in the near term.

If the US were to swallow its pride and accept the offer to share intelligence and work with Russia for what is allegedly a common goal, then maybe we'd see some real progress. If this involved troops on the ground, legitimately at Assad's request, then so be it.

I'd prefer to see it resolved without a military escalation though. I refuse to believe that the combined intelligence services don't know which states are supporting IS in the provision of weapons and finance, including the purchase of all the oil we're told is a major source of income. Crippling financial sanctions and political isolation levelled against these nations, as well as appropriate criminal proceedings against individuals would be the correct thing to do, but it seems the bigger picture of geopolitical alliances takes precedence over any desire to eradicate terrorism.

Aye, the Orwellian vision of perpetual conflict benefitting those in power by 'legitimising' their invasive domestic activities and their increasingly brutal military actions seems quite prophetic.

Calling yourself a state doesn't equate to being a state. I can call myself a heavyweight boxing champion of the world, but it doesn't make me one. Do you understand what a state (ie a nation state) is? ISIS/IS/Daesh is a terrorist organisation, it is patently not a state.

Okay how do we massacre them and how do we ensure more terrorists aren't produced on the back of our actions? Genuinely interested in the insights you can offer.

"Good people in ISIS". I don't even...

Can't work out whether you're on the wind up, offensively thick, or a bit special.

Before we start massacring the bad people who live in ISIS while leaving the good people unharmed; could you explain how we tell the difference? Do the bad people who live in ISIS wear their explosive vests while doing their weekly shopping or what?

It would be wrong to claim that everyone who lives in ISIS is a jihadist nut job

This could be the single most idiotic statement I've ever read on this site. For the avoidance of any doubt, are you recognising ISIS as anything other than a terrorist group?

You've come away with some shite so far but this?

Before we start massacring the bad people who live in ISIS while leaving the good people unharmed; could you explain how we tell the difference? Do the bad people who live in ISIS wear their explosive vests while doing their weekly shopping or what?

Going by those videos they produce, they all have black flags with some gibberish written on them. And a Toyota truck. Just kill anyone with a black flag or a Toyota.

It's literally impossible to go to war with a country and not kill civilians but I think it's a sacrifice necessary to introduce peaceful democracy to these areas. It sounds cliched but if someone has to die id rather have our army taking down a few innocents by accident than IS militants killing as many of our innocents as they can

Going by those videos they produce, they all have black flags with some gibberish written on them. And a Toyota truck. Just kill anyone with a black flag or a Toyota.

I used to have a Toyota but currently I drive a Nissan. (Phew.) I've never been to ISIS though. Haven't heard much about it as a destination. Is the weather nice, do you know?

Archived