Sons v Rovers

Hate Saturdays without football. So thought I'd get this started for next week..

If there's a bonus of not having a game today, at least it gives Mckeown and Thomson time to recover from any knocks that they've picked up the last fortnight..

Hopefully get back to winning ways here. Carry on from last weeks performance and we'll win here by a couple IMO. If that was a blip and we go back to the performance against Livi and we'll lose by a couple.

1-3 Rovers. Megginson, Craigen and Wighton with the goals for us. Cawley with Dumbartons.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping the international break has given Aitken and Faz a chance to get some extra training in and work on some of our many frailties.

I wasn't at QOS but supposedly we were improved and could have taken something if we could take a chance, so hoping we can build on that improvement in this one.

Such is our predicament at the moment, this is huge for us and we could really do with even a point from the game to stop the rot, if not for anything else, just to stop the rot.

Hoping we can pick ourselves up for this. Today's postponement could be a blessing in disguise for us, giving us time to re-group and work on some of our weaknesses i.e putting the ball in the back of the net.

By the sounds of things we put in a decent performance last week so hopefully we can build on that. Although there's no point in turning in good performances without picking up points, I'd be delighted with any sort of result here.

I think if we lose this questions will start to be asked of Stevie. I've already got the guys in work asking 'how long he'll get'. Big improvement required, lets hope it begins next Saturday.

How did Brown perform at right-back last week ? I hear Taggart may be out for some time yet.

He had a decent shift in that position, wouldn't be averse to keeping him there just now. Also notable was Gibson being a sub, meant we were not relying on 40yd punts from him into the box. Some of our approach play resembled attacks :o:)

How did Brown perform at right-back last week ? I hear Taggart may be out for some time yet.

I remember hearing he'd be out 'til at least Christmas from Faz a few months back. Is it longer than that? Would be a huge blow as he's one of our best players going forward as well as our best defender.

Absolutely no clue how this'll go. Would probably start with a similar team to QOS, but with Cawley in for Stevie Ross, although I wouldn't be averse to starting Steven Craig in place of Gal if he's fit.

Brown's quality wherever he plays, and right back was no exception. Deceptively quick and with excellent distribution.

It's just hit me - like a brick - that our first two games without Brophy are Sint Murn and Livi. That's bad. Very bad. 3 points here would be massive.

Just saw the results from our division today. Falkirk hammering Alloa is a big plus, could have done with a stalemate between Morton and Queens though.

Stalemate between Ton and Queens wouldn't have made a great deal of difference, points-wise. Both are a minimum of 10 points ahead of us as it stands. 3 wins or 4 to just catch up with them, when we can't buy a win right now!

The next four league games not counting the game against rangers which will probably be postponed again as mark warburtons granny has a dental appointment that day, could be the most important of our season. Home games against Raith and st Mirren and away to Alloa and Livingston are matches where we must pick up points. Poor performances could leave us too far behind to catch up leaving us battling Alloa for ninth position. Plus we have a cup match against Alloa to win and it adds to the excitement if we can have a good cup run. Three points against a Raith team who are stumbling a bit would be a great start.

The next four league games not counting the game against rangers which will probably be postponed again as mark warburtons granny has a dental appointment that day, could be the most important of our season. Home games against Raith and st Mirren and away to Alloa and Livingston are matches where we must pick up points. Poor performances could leave us too far behind to catch up leaving us battling Alloa for ninth position. Plus we have a cup match against Alloa to win and it adds to the excitement if we can have a good cup run. Three points against a Raith team who are stumbling a bit would be a great start.

Absolutely. I mentioned it the other week, but the next month and a half will define our season. If it goes well then we can't start to relax a bit, if it goes badly it could be a painful end to the season.

Is the bowling club down the road still open?

Yes.

Assuming everyone is fit (apart from Taggart being known out) then I'd start with:

M. Brown

S. Brown -- Barr -- Buchanan -- Waters

Cawley -- Routledge -- Lindsay -- Docherty

Craig -- Brophy

If Craig's out then either Gallagher or Fleming to partner Brophy. Going by the highlights at Queens we created more in one half than we have done in the previous 3 games so I see no reason to change the majority of the team. Cawley's got to play if he's fit.

Thinking about going to this on Saturday, choking for a match again.

Recommendations for parking please? (Thanks in advance)

As for a prediction for the game, I think it'll be a very tight away win, 0-1/1-2. Hopefully Ray Mac has sorted out the issue at the back, started off excellent the back 5, and have been pretty solid in all the games I've been to (only missed the Rangers & Livi games), but seem to be leaking goals recently. A similar performance against Falkirk and I'll be happy.

Archived