Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant really remember Baird ever having any major issues at other clubs although I may be wrong on this so I can't really see how he's carrying a lot of baggage around with him. Yes he's gone to clubs and struggled especially when playing in the top flight but he's not seen as a known troublemaker.

He and Kerr played for and left Dundee and Partick Thistle together also.

I had heard he was a big character in the dressing, always happy go lucky and just an all round nice guy that could lift the spirits of the rest of the guys.

He has the typical striker traits also not afraid to voice his opinion as seen strongly away to Raith towards Rogers and looks to have pushed himself to gel with Loy, McHugh and Miller......I leave Morgan out of that as I dont think anyone could gel with him on the park.

One thing is for sure, is he has never not given 100% or took the huff and can acknowledge when he has a bad game. I can see the gripe Queens could have with Kerr as he did by all accounts engineer his move out and has had a chequered past in regards with some clubs and was as good as a first team player, something Baird wasnt, heyho as I said earlier, fans are as fickle as fuk nowadays

He and Kerr played for and left Dundee and Partick Thistle together also.

Seems more of a coincidence than anything else. Baird left Dundee and joined Partick as he was out of contract and wanted to play in the SPL. He then was freed by Partick after struggling at that level with them. In neither case was there any animosity created that could be construed as baggage.

Guest Back Post Misses

Queens fans trying to work us conspiracy theory about Baird and Kerr to deflect the carnage that guy Thomson was causing at their place last season before he was put in his place.

Time the accepted that and moved on.

Clearly hurting and missing both players :rolleyes:

We never missed either of them tbh. Kerr was a good player for us, there's no question about that. But we wouldn't have finished higher up the league had he stayed that season. Kerr would be in our team if he was still here but we moved on at the time. It's clear that Reilly, Durnan, Carmichael, Holt and McShane are players we're missing this season. Baird hardly played for us, so to say we miss him is beyond stupid tbh.

Queens fans trying to work us conspiracy theory about Baird and Kerr to deflect the carnage that guy Thomson was causing at their place last season before he was put in his place.

Time the accepted that and moved on.

Clearly hurting and missing both players :rolleyes:

Carnage hahaha. One player who is by all accounts a total knob in Kerr and his wee pal who follows him around scottish football left. How did we manage to field a side with Jim Thomson around the club.

We never missed either of them tbh. Kerr was a good player for us, there's no question about that. But we wouldn't have finished higher up the league had he stayed that season. Kerr would be in our team if he was still here but we moved on at the time. It's clear that Reilly, Durnan, Carmichael, Holt and McShane are players we're missing this season. Baird hardly played for us, so to say we miss him is beyond stupid tbh.

Not trying to be facetious but would both Kerr and Baird get into the Queens team at the moment based on current form of your players and our two?

Not trying to be facetious but would both Kerr and Baird get into the Queens team at the moment based on current form of your players and our two?

I reckon Kerr would get into our team just now for sure. But as we never missed him last season when he left it would be wrong to say we're missing him just now if that makes sense? It's a similar argument for Baird. He brought very little to our first team when he featured (he wasn't awful though, but again he wasn't missed when he left) so to say he's a player we miss is again wrong.

If we base Baird on current form and not how he was for us then there's certainly an argument that he would walk into our first team. His goals don't lie. But in all honesty I don't think he would turn our fortunes around as our biggest problem is Midfield just now.

I reckon Kerr would get into our team just now for sure. But as we never missed him last season when he left it would be wrong to say we're missing him just now if that makes sense? It's a similar argument for Baird. He brought very little to our first team when he featured (he wasn't awful though, but again he wasn't missed when he left) so to say he's a player we miss is again wrong.

If we base Baird on current form and not how he was for us then there's certainly an argument that he would walk into our first team. His goals don't lie. But in all honesty I don't think he would turn our fortunes around as our biggest problem is Midfield just now.

It doesn't make any sense. The hypothetical posed was, would they benefit your squad now. To suggest either wouldn't add value to your starting 11 this season is just silly.

How is it silly?? He answered your question honestly and in his own opinion. Unless those players are thrust into the team you will never really know and can only speculate as to the value they add. They could be the best player on the park individually but suck at the team cohesion, so would they add value. Baird no kerr possibly.

How is it silly?? He answered your question honestly and in his own opinion. Unless those players are thrust into the team you will never really know and can only speculate as to the value they add. They could be the best player on the park individually but suck at the team cohesion, so would they add value. Baird no kerr possibly.

It wasnt my question...but anyway let's not let inaccuracies get in the way.

If anyone sucks at team cohesion id suggest that you lot look at your back room staff. Both have played consistent and value adding roles for a falkirk side that's done a fair bit better than Queens at this stage of the season.

It doesn't make any sense. The hypothetical posed was, would they benefit your squad now. To suggest either wouldn't add value to your starting 11 this season is just silly.

And I answered Trump's hypothetical question by saying Kerr would walk back into our team and considering Baird's goals this season it would be hard to see him not getting a game either.

BPM suggested we miss them though which isn't the case. Baird is doing well just now but for us he wasn't very good and was let go; he never added anything to our team. To say we miss him now is completely inaccurate as we did extremely well after he left the team and after Kerr left as well. You genuinely believe we are where we are this season because we are missing Baird and Kerr? Naw. As I say, it's Carmichael, McShane, Durnan, Holt and Reilly we are missing. Them leaving has had a far bigger impact on us than Kerr and Baird leaving did.

And last season? :rolleyes:

Keep living in last season all you want, neither of us escaped this league so really apart from a few grand difference in revenue for league placing (we still generated substantially more money than you in spite of league position prize money / gates) last season is mainly irrelevant.

I'm quite sure all falkirk fans would rather be where we are with the squad and set up we have than where Queens are.

^^^ Can't accept we're better now - deal wi it FFS

All I have seen is a few numpty Falkirk fans trying to convince yourselves that your some sort of football club we should fear. Is that 6 league games between the sides without defeat now ? I for one am shitting it for our next meeting.

Archived