Ayr v Airdrie

shug

Is the Saltire not the problem part?

I did a quick google and club badges were......not sure audited is the right word, in the mid 90s and a few clubs had to make changes, St Mirren had to remove turrets from the top of the badge and Kilmarnock had to remove a shield an replaced it with a football, The only change Ayr made at that time was adding a larger shield behind the badge which has been used on most shirts since.

2 questions are, if the saltire was the issue, why was it not changed in the 90's ? and if the rule has changed since then, should registered badges be exempt?

It could also be the case that it isn't a saltire at all, but the international maritime signal flag for M, in tribute to Ayrs rich seafaring tradition or some pish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a quick google and club badges were......not sure audited is the right word, in the mid 90s and a few clubs had to make changes, St Mirren had to remove turrets from the top of the badge and Kilmarnock had to remove a shield an replaced it with a football, The only change Ayr made at that time was adding a larger shield behind the badge which has been used on most shirts since.

2 questions are, if the saltire was the issue, why was it not changed in the 90's ? and if the rule has changed since then, should registered badges be exempt?

It could also be the case that it isn't a saltire at all, but the international maritime signal flag for M, in tribute to Ayrs rich seafaring tradition or some pish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

Definately no getting away with that as it is a saltire also.

saltire

ˈsaltʌɪə,ˈsɔː-/Submit

nounHERALDRY

a diagonal cross as a heraldic ordinary.

(of a design) incorporating a motif based on a saltire cross.

modifier noun: saltire

"a saltire design"

Does it not take 14 days for a ban to kick in for an accumulation of cards? (bizarre rule IMO)

He should be banned for Cowdenbeath by my reckoning.

I'm sure that's the case, the Ayr fans were chuffed that he'd got booked last week because it meant he could play in the Dunfermline game.

No, I dont think the shape matters, according to these c***s a shield can be any enclosed shape.

What a rule., absolute batshit mental.

No love lost between some Airdrie / Ayr fans, or so called fans. A little bit of respect doesn't cost much. Banter is all good and well but when you start something that is only going to fan the flames of an already painful subject there are no winners in my opinion.

Getting back to the game, is there much chance of this going ahead? The U20s game was switched to Airdrie last night because the pitch had taken a soaking, and it hasn't let up (at least in Glasgow) since then.

Should be fine, rain been on and off here. I would imagine the game was switched to protect the pitch for Saturday. The pitch at Somerset very rarely floods.

If the club don't back down they will have to pay legal costs and if they do back down, the guy who runs the club merchandise will be screwed.

The club shop at Ayr normally only got in about 100 shirts in October some time and had a couple of hats and scarfs to chose from, if you didn't get a shirt in the initial batch you had to wait till about March for the next batch, no one at the club bothered with merchandise.

Ronnie leased the shop and rights to the badge and has a huge selection of merchandise which could be worthless if this were to be ruled against, He would be the biggest loser (apart from Scottie Walker) in all of this.

If the club don't back down they will have to pay legal costs and if they do back down, the guy who runs the club merchandise will be screwed.

The club shop at Ayr normally only got in about 100 shirts in October some time and had a couple of hats and scarfs to chose from, if you didn't get a shirt in the initial batch you had to wait till about March for the next batch, no one at the club bothered with merchandise.

Ronnie leased the shop and rights to the badge and has a huge selection of merchandise which could be worthless if this were to be ruled against, He would be the biggest loser (apart from Scottie Walker) in all of this.

Yep, was thinking about this earlier. Ronnie will have thousands upon thousands of merchandise in the shop deemed surplus to requirements.

Archived