Accies v Dons - Sunday 22nd November

Nothing pathetic about wanting to win the league, what is pathetic is saying there's no point if you can't or won't. If everyone had such a moronic attitude then Scottish football would be down the toilet. It's almost an old firm mentality you have.

As for born loser, that's a belter. As if Aberdeen football clubs performance in the league is in any way indicative of my personal life :lol:

I said there is no point entering a competition if you have no intention of winning it.

If it turns out we dont then fair enough you cant win them all but you have to at least aim and try to win it.

Eh have you not noticed, Scottish football is down the toilet, we are the only Uk country not going to the Euros, our clubs are annually horsed out of Europe by teams you have never heard of.

I would say its people with an attitude like you that are moronic, settling for second best, not wanting to progress, happy to watch donkeys like Taylor and say they are a player.

Nope its everything you say that makes you a born loser, a real Munson.

Craig Brown, thats probably your idea of a perfect manager.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said there is no point entering a competition if you have no intention of winning it.

If it turns out we dont then fair enough you cant win them all but you have to at least aim and try to win it.

Eh have you not noticed, Scottish football is down the toilet, we are the only Uk country not going to the Euros, our clubs are annually horsed out of Europe by teams you have never heard of.

I would say its people with an attitude like you that are moronic, settling for second best, not wanting to progress, happy to watch donkeys like Taylor and say they are a player.

I can see both sides here.

I absolutely agree that you should enter every competition with the intention of winning it and aiming for 2nd/3rd/4th/ top 6 ( :thumbsdown ) is a bit of a losers mentality.

However, there does need to be some perspective from the point of view that we are up against it attempting to win this league with the gap in resources between ourselves and Celtic. I actually think your appraisal of Taylor is harsh Srevart but he has been shit recently and seems to really suffer from dips in confidence when he makes a few mistakes. I do believe an on form Taylor is a key part of our back 4.

I think we should still be seeing Celtic as the benchmark but now is not the time to berate the team, they need backing and I do feel our support is notoriously bad for turning on the players (and manager) too easily when things aren't going well. We have a good side (certainly our first 11) and we will pick up results, they could do with a bit of backing from the stands again to get that momentum back up and running.

If you're an Aberdeen fan I will eat this laptop. Now shut your hole and swan off back to the championship forum, big game against the smurn for your mob coming up.

If you're an Aberdeen fan I will eat this laptop. Now shut your hole and swan off back to the championship forum, big game against the smurn for your mob coming up.

delusional - check

banging on about celtic - check

Seems like an idiot - check

Almost certainly an Aberdeen fan.

Well that was a terrible game of football yesterday which reminded me of the Mark McGhee days - both side was really poor and it is a major concern how we are playing at the moment. Starting to think there is something wrong at our club as our players are much better than the performances they have given in October and November. If we continue to play like this then I would expect St Johnstone to overtake us but hopefully the manager can sort this out and get back to what we was doing at the start of the season.

Thought Logan was the worst player on the park by a mile, think he needs to be dropped as his performances this season has simply not been good enough while I thought Taylor had a nightmare as well. The less I say about the midfield the better but we didn't really cause them any problems and kept giving the ball away. Looking at Hamilton Lucas he looks a dreadful player without much talent but we didn't hurt them to test him defensively.

Accies fans love big Lucas. Fans of a few teams have said they don't rate him but the big man has not been given a hard time by any team, including Sellick. He's a 100% guy whose passion for the club is clear to see. In short, a cult hero in the making :thumsup2

I can see both sides here.

I absolutely agree that you should enter every competition with the intention of winning it and aiming for 2nd/3rd/4th/ top 6 ( :thumbsdown ) is a bit of a losers mentality.

However, there does need to be some perspective from the point of view that we are up against it attempting to win this league with the gap in resources between ourselves and Celtic. I actually think your appraisal of Taylor is harsh Srevart but he has been shit recently and seems to really suffer from dips in confidence when he makes a few mistakes. I do believe an on form Taylor is a key part of our back 4.

I think we should still be seeing Celtic as the benchmark but now is not the time to berate the team, they need backing and I do feel our support is notoriously bad for turning on the players (and manager) too easily when things aren't going well. We have a good side (certainly our first 11) and we will pick up results, they could do with a bit of backing from the stands again to get that momentum back up and running.

Aye fair doos, I do think we have a good side, 1st 11 anyways.

Taylor isnt the worst player I have ever seen, but if we are going to improve, he would be someone I would be looking to move on as I would imagine there are players out there we could get who are better.

I admit when McInnes came in, he certainly wasnt my first choice, but he has surprised me with some of the players he has been able to bring in.

I genuinely think we are only two or three players away from having a side who can push for the title.

Centre Half, centre mid and maybe another fullback/winger.

I havent been able to say that about an Aberdeen team since the early 90s.

I will always back the team, and I definately back the manager.

Sometimes though there has to be some criticism too.

No, you said there was "no point" if you wouldn't or couldn't win the league.

It's amazing that fans still turn up to games in Scotland TBH. What's the point?

I said no point if you dont want win or aim to win the league.

The whole point of competition is to win, otherwise there is no point having a competition, it would just be a series of friendlies.

Maybe because there are still some people left who have hope that things will get better.

Unfortunately there seems to be a majority of those who are happy the way things are.

Accies fans love big Lucas. Fans of a few teams have said they don't rate him but the big man has not been given a hard time by any team, including Sellick. He's a 100% guy whose passion for the club is clear to see. In short, a cult hero in the making :thumsup2

I think his cult status gets him away with a lot tbh. Fair enough he's a colossus in the box and is dangerous at set pieces but with the ball at his feet he can be a liability, a good few times he played it straight to an Aberdeen player including at a free kick he took. Certainly not saying he should be dropped but we really need a settled defence as the last few games they've been all over the place.

Everyone wants to win the league, if that's your expectation level every season then no wonder you are a seething mess.

I'm happy the way things are, we have a good squad and progress on and off the pitch has been brilliant. We now have no debt and are making profit without selling players. It's a solid foundation for the club and one that I hope we maintain.

You sound like an old firm fan TBH. You probably support a "big" English team as well I reckon.

Haha, if I could have put money on you saying "Seething mess", I would have.

Is that what you reckon aye, I'm not English so why would I support an English club?.

Aye, we are winning trophy after trophy, bulldozing our way through European competition year after year but hey things are better than they were and the finances are alright so lets just keep it at that.

Calling someone an old firm fan, is that the best you can come up with?, I expected more, even from you.

Sendles-White/Lucas gave us more balance at the back than the pairing of Jesus/Lucas , Sendles-white reminded me of a more mobile Dave Elebert , good point from a goal down against a good side . Massive game next week , our fighting spirit will give us a chance of staying up .

Archived