Scores & scorers 21st Nov

Larky55

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shettleston 0- Glenafton 2

Result doesn't really give a true reflection of today's game.

Pretty even in the opening period with both teams having chances.

Shettleston played some nice one touch football and the big striker Anson looked a handful.

Glens missed a pen after a deliberate hand ball, with home centre half being dismissed. Andrews effort well saved by Halliwell.

Glens then got a second pen, Hay scoring to give glens the lead.

In the second half another Shettleston dismissal for a second booking, but from then on the 9 men worked incredibly hard and created a few chances.

As a glens fan delighted with the result but the ref did us a few favours today, particularly with a hand ball incident at 1-0 where we were lucky to get away with it.

Glens then scored with the last kick of the game to seal the win but it wasn't as plain sailing as the result suggests.

First visit to the club and enjoyed my day, still room for improvement in my teams performance as its not always great to watch but the three points are priority at the end of the day.

Though Jamie Hay was excellent in centre midfield and the energy of Ally Park always gave us an outlet.

Roll on 28 points!

pretty fair comment but I think more has to be made of referees performance 2 penalties and 2 reds against us plus 2 penalties denied boy had no chance of getting out way for first pen and not so sure it was deliberate although I would have given it I thought red card harsh 2nd pen never should have been given. He gave every decision Glenafton way. I can't believe he had a bad game his actions today will get him lynched at some grounds. Been story of towns season so far bad officials making shocking decisions. Anyway well said my friend I was impressed by comments during and after match in support of town supporters condemnation of referee . Guy should never ref again after that today. Look forward to play you again hopefully with a fairer official in charge

pretty fair comment but I think more has to be made of referees performance 2 penalties and 2 reds against us plus 2 penalties denied boy had no chance of getting out way for first pen and not so sure it was deliberate although I would have given it I thought red card harsh 2nd pen never should have been given. He gave every decision Glenafton way. I can't believe he had a bad game his actions today will get him lynched at some grounds. Been story of towns season so far bad officials making shocking decisions. Anyway well said my friend I was impressed by comments during and after match in support of town supporters condemnation of referee . Guy should never ref again after that today. Look forward to play you again hopefully with a fairer official in charge

Got to agree the ref was poor today, inconsistent at best. Glens got the benefit of the doubt on a few occasions today but I've seen similar decisions go against us and as Mr Stelling says it hopefully evens out over a season.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate.

Lanark v rossvale- not much happening in first 30 mins until Vale got a handball pen for which our player got sent off. They scored it and went on to take advantage of the extra man on the snowy park. Disappointing that we won't find out how the game would have panned out 11 v 11. But it's maybe for the best as we can now focus on promotion.

Well done Muirkirk, great result!

If it transpires glens have no game next week due to Scottish replays al def come shout you on.

Glens could play Medda in the league as our fixture with Kilbirnie has been postponed because of their Scottish cup replay

Went and took in the lie and pace game today and I must admit I wasn't disappointed. Great game to watch I think the 4-1 result to an extent could maybe flatter arthurlie. The first half it was all arthurlie but all the done was knock it side to side and try the diagonal ball every third pass. Was really pleased when dunipace went 1-0 up to see what arthurlie would do. They were fortunate to get an equaliser straight away question marks about the pace keeper.. And then I think it was the boy mcgregor correct me if I'm wrong for arthurlie who scored a belter of a free kick into the top corner to take it 2-1 into half time. Second half and arthurlie started bright couple of half chances and then a clear penalty for arthurlie following a silly tackle from a pace defender. Penalty converted and it looked nothing but uphill battle for dunipace who seem to be inspired by going 3-1 down ended up having a solid 20 minutes display making arthurlie look like the district first team and just couldn't get the goal that the pressure deserved speaking to a few lie fans who agreed arthurlie where no where to be seen. When arthurlie decided to start playing again and forcing the young pace keeper into a few cracking saves down to both corners from there on it it was all arthurlie who ended up scoring there fourth goal. Delighted with the game from a neutral point. Don't understand how dunipace are sitting where they are sitting with there display in the second half today. Just thought I would give my opinion as a neutral.

I will correct you when you wrong ;) it was Gary Smith who scored the free kick. Agree with most of what you say. Dunk pace battled well and if they show that sort of application as the season goes on they will get up the table.

I will correct you when you wrong ;) it was Gary Smith who scored the free kick. Agree with most of what you say. Dunk pace battled well and if they show that sort of application as the season goes on they will get up the table.

Thanks wasn't sure who it was, great free kick!

Royal Albert 1-4 Pollok.

Great to see Royal Albert playing at Newlandsfield. They very nearly got themselves in front early in the game

when a couple of their forwards found acres of space 30 yds from goal, but wasted the opportunity.

Pollok took the lead when a slack pass by an Albert midfielder on the half way line, put Pollok in possession,

3 passes later MOM Allan McKenzie blasted he ball into the Albert net from about 10yds.

Pollok centre half Chris Walker,doubled the lead soon after when he got his head on a fine left wing cross to loop a header

past the very impressive Albert goalie R Stevenson.

HT Royal Albert 0-2 Pollok.

David Winters netted Jimmy Greaves style,to put Pollok 3 in front when he delightfully chipped the ball over the

advancing Albert goalie to finish of a super slick,Pollok move.

Steven Higgins fired Pollok 4 in front, when he blasted home from around 20 yds.

Albert's best player B Murdoch,got his side a goal when he coolly beat Pollok goalie,Jordan Longmuir from the 18 yd line.

Both sides had a player sent off, Chris Walker of Pollok for 2 yellow cards. Think it was the lad M McDowell,for

Albert,for a robust challenge.

Apart from Chris Walkers ordering off, Pollok will be happy with their days work.

Royal Albert gave a good account of themselves,& performed very well, one a cleverly worked free kick move from

them in the 1st half,was worth the admission money alone.

Decent crowd of around 500. Amongst them was the best gaffer in the game.

Royal Albert 1-4 Pollok.

Both sides had a player sent off, Chris Walker of Pollok for 2 yellow cards. Think it was the lad M McDowell,for

Albert,for a robust challenge.

Albert's player sent off was #14 sub Michael Anderson, for a reckless tackle on Pollok #11 Del Hepburn

Archived