Albion Rovers vs. Greenock Morton

IainMorton

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're still to see the best of him, I reckon. So far he has spent most of his time as a reserve, but everyone in our small squad is getting a chance. In his better moments on the park he has been a steadying influence in defence, but he is error-prone - just last night he was jointly to blame for Cowden's goal.

There's a decent player in there somewhere, perhaps in front of the back four rather than as a part of it. I think he would have to step his game up big time to prove JD wrong.

I'm sorry to see Derek sidelined, like Bold I hope it's nothing significant, but it means we have a chance of scoring so I'll take it.

Perhaps Andy Barrowman will finally come alive against his former club.

Adam has done reasonably well in goal for us since Gaston was injured, last Friday night's howler excepted, but it'll be good to see big Gaston back. Don't think it'll be this weekend though.

As for Barrowman, well, he signed for Morton, certainly. I don't think many would say he actually played for us though.......

Third in the league and only lost at home once: we won't get away with playing as badly as we did first half against St. Mirren. Return to the standard of performance we put in against Queen of the South and we'll be fine, but Rovers league form so far suggests that this is one of the more likely potential shocks for all that we're clear favourites. Would love to have Gaston back for this.

ah memories. one of my fav all time matches at the Rovers...

yardley.jpg

morton.jpg

I would also put this up there with one of my favourite Rovers games. Big Yardly with a belly flop diving header in the last few mins of the game to send the hordes of Morton fans home before the end of the match. St. Mirren fans invading the pitch to celebrate with the big man...what a game!!

What a terrible day that was, sure we got a last minute winner against you lot later in the season though with a Dave Mcgregor header if i remember correctly

The late McGregor header at Cappielow was in January; the picture posted there was the 31st game of the season.

At full-time that day we looked to be out of the promotion race. The following week we were drawing 0-0 with Elgin at Cappielow after 70 minutes, Mike Teasdale took it round Craig Coyle then took so long to shoot when he had an open net that Robbie Henderson got back to clear it off the line. We then scored twice in the last 10 minutes to win 2-0 as Albion Rovers, East Fife and Peterhead all dropped points and we were right back in it. We won all our remaining games without conceding a goal, with East Fife and of course Peterhead in that run, to win the title by a point, two points ahead of third. Best season ever.

ah memories. one of my fav all time matches at the Rovers...

yardley.jpg

The state of Craig Coyle's positioning by the way. The ball actually travelled all the way through the six yard box to reach Yardley here with the whole defence and Coyle standing still.

The late McGregor header at Cappielow was in January; the picture posted there was the 31st game of the season.

At full-time that day we looked to be out of the promotion race. The following week we were drawing 0-0 with Elgin at Cappielow after 70 minutes, Mike Teasdale took it round Craig Coyle then took so long to shoot when he had an open net that Robbie Henderson got back to clear it off the line. We then scored twice in the last 10 minutes to win 2-0 as Albion Rovers, East Fife and Peterhead all dropped points and we were right back in it. We won all our remaining games without conceding a goal, with East Fife and of course Peterhead in that run, to win the title by a point, two points ahead of third. Best season ever.

Sorri i got a bit mixed up, think i was about 12 that season

it was one of two consecutive seasons in which we finished third, before the days of play-offs. On the last day of this season, we were going up in second place until East Fife got a last minute goal in their game which gave them second place.

it was one of two consecutive seasons in which we finished third, before the days of play-offs. On the last day of this season, we were going up in second place until East Fife got a last minute goal in their game which gave them second place.

Our last game of the season was the classic "five goalie" game against East Stirling, which I think was Scott Shearer's last game for the Rovers.

Yes Morton had the last laugh after this game - winning their last 5 games IIRC.

I think the first game at Cliftonhill that season ended with a last minute Iain Diack header. Morton had Hopkirk on as Caretaker 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go. Was a good league that year.

I think the first game at Cliftonhill that season ended with a last minute Iain Diack header.

That would have been just before Diack decided he wanted to spend more time with his family, asked to be released on Thursday, and turned out for Arbroath on the Saturday.

Yes Morton had the last laugh after this game - winning their last 5 games IIRC.

I think the first game at Cliftonhill that season ended with a last minute Iain Diack header. Morton had Hopkirk on as Caretaker 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go. Was a good league that year.

Rovers also won our first meeting that season - 1-0 at Cappielow.

Archived