Albion Rovers vs. Greenock Morton

IainMorton

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's encouraging that the quality of opposition and weather didn't much get in the way of a positive and motivated Rovers team performance, which is becoming synonymous with Darren Young. There really wasn't much in the game and Morton are only in the next round because of two slightly flukey goals, although they were the better team and deserve to go through.

Not that we didn't have our chances- many of which came from ex-Airdrieonian Grant Adam. I don't know what he was doing in the first half, he looked incredibly dodgy in goals. A sharper strike force might have taken advantage of his calamaties. He pulled off a few very good saves later on.

I think we probably got all we could realistically hope for: getting through the game injury- and postponement-free. Even though we were beaten only by a trickler and a looping deflection, a third early cup exit of the season doesn't hurt when we were against full-timers who are having a good season so far. We miss out on the chance of a money-spinning draw but now have one priority for the rest of the season.

Yes, nothing shows that you're not hurting quite like repeatedly mewling about 'fortunate' goals for The Only Show In Town in your defeat.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Thanks for not bothering to attend today. Doesn't stop you posting your juvenile digs though. Suggest you return to your Transylvanian crypt with the rest of the undead.

Good to see that even when I'm 1,000 miles from the action utter snakes like yourself are still absolutely furious, buckled messes though. Gutted for you.

No need to apologise, enjoy your latest stag do.

Looking forward to your next post about a game you did not attend. No doubt you will then also claim personal credit by association with a team whose manager and players you incessantly bitch about.

Archived