Airdrieonians vs Brechin

RAPID BENANO

Chances of Prunts starting this one?

Hopefully high, I'm coming anyway. It was this or Queens Park Forfar at Hampden. Expecting an absolute goalfest...

It'll be better than Hampden watching a Gus Mcpherson, Dick Campbell tatical hoofball battle.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chances of Prunts starting this one?

Depends how seriously Bollan is taking the cup. Prunty hasn't had too much of a chance this season, but he's hardly looked worthy of more either.

Hope we go for it and play to win rather than the recent dross, but fully expecting an eye bleedingly bad 0-0.

Depends how seriously Bollan is taking the cup. Prunty hasn't had too much of a chance this season, but he's hardly looked worthy of more either.

Hope we go for it and play to win rather than the recent dross, but fully expecting an eye bleedingly bad 0-0.

Dang, get him played. One of my all time favorite players :wub:

We've been woeful this season, pretty football is for the weak ^_^

Prunty is a penalty box striker, super when he's in a team making chances as he's more than capable of putting them away. Unfortunately we don't make many at the moment, which means Prunty is left running around trying hard but not actually contributing much.

Would like to see him win it for us today though!

Do my eyes deceive me? Taylor Morgan has scored TWO goals???

He was like Colin Nish on speed today. An absolute cult hero of a performance.

Enioyed that today, Airdrie look a decent team and played some nice stuff. Number.11 was impressive in particular. The run from Morgan and then ball to Prunts for the 3rd goal was just sublime.

This game just summed up our season. Two defensive slips gifted Airdrie 2 goals (although I believe the Airdrie player controlled the ball with his arm for the second goal). A great Jackson header got us back in the game and, at 2-1 down, the Airdrie keeper made a great save from a header. A minute later Airdrie caught us on the break and a good finish put an end to any fight back.

Brechin fans were asking why Dods stuck with the same 5 at the back formation when 3-1 down and we needed goals. Surely a change could have given us more forward momentum. Nothing to lose in a cup game.

Where do we go from here? League 2 now seems inevitable!

Glad Morgan got a moment of glory. As much as i destest his fitba skills he seems a nice big kid. His 2 goals were more a result of extemely shit defending but fair play he did what was needed to bag his brace. Just before prunty's goal he gifted brechin a chance to rqualise with the worst piece of control ever then of course pulled off the best skill he'll ever muster to set up prunty.

No much you can say, even bollan couldnt f**k up this game despite his best efforts and glad we're in next round.

If we're to improve we need improve on DVZ at LB, he's terrible. Fitzpatrick really slows us down in midfield and thankfully Lister will partner Prunty sooner than later. Liam Watt will continue to improve with games, by this time next year he'll be flying with more experience. Cox was far better on the wing and Cadden, going forward is a joy to watch (defending must improve).

I thought Morgan was hilariously good today. Everything he did was unorthodox, and he fell over the ball almost every time he touched it, but he took his goals well and showed impressive composure to slot Prunts in for the third. It was great entertainment. My Uncle was over from Dubai - and missing the Grand Prix for the Sons game today - but I think we've made him Taylor Morgan's number one fan :lol: Was gutted when Bollan took him off when he was on a hat-trick.

Delighted for Prunty getting his goal, classy finish and I may or may not have celebrated it :ph34r: Pretty peeved big Jim didn't get on mind you.

Brechin were pretty useless, no fight or desire in that team and very little in the way of quality. Hope Perry's alright, but that looked a really nasty one he got today.

My excitement diminished very quickly today .Very poor defensively again,losing my faith in going tt watch Brechin just now give it a couple of more games if no improvement not going back until a new manager is installed.

Can I suggest you change your username to "citydiehardwhenthingsaregoingwell". The team need all the support they can get right now. If you're one on the "fans" shouting abuse at the players today please do stay away.

Archived