Match Day Misfortunes

Hedgecutter

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, my dad, brother and I were due to go to a Falkirk v Queen of the South game. The day before, dad did his back in at work and was hospitalised. My brother took me, and the two of us stood on the terraces and watched us thump them 7-1. Dad listened on the radio.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once had the misfortune to get all my timings right, resulting in me witnessing us getting pumped 3-0 by Cowdenbeath and condemned to what seems an eternity in the wastelands of the Seaside League. Nightmare.

Sigh. Me too. Haven't been back to East End since.

Have turned up at The Rock once not knowing the game had been called off earlier in the day, and the same when Clydebank used to play at Glenhead Park. I also once turned up at Glenhead to find it was Drumchapel Amateurs who were playing and not Clydebank.

Just remembered me and my mate were booked on the Sons Trust bus to see Dumbarton away to Ross County in the Scottish Cup a few years ago. We decided since it was leaving really early we would get a carry out and stay up overnight and then walk along to where the bus was leaving from. Stayed up until about an hour before we had to leave for the bus and then nodded off on the sofa and missed it by an hour. Sons got a last minute draw for a replay at home and I missed the replay.

Archived