Dundee to play Celtic in the US.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many are realistically expected to turn up at this? 20-25,000?

Part of me thinks that's never going to happen but if fans in NY etc travel it's possible. Bigger would be amazing.

US sport is about TV though. Can't see this as being in isolation. Must be some live package viewing involved.

How many are realistically expected to turn up at this? 20-25,000?

When we played Real Madrid in Philadelphia a few years back I am fairly certain the attendance was around about the 35K mark.  If this was to go ahead I think you'd be looking at the 20,000/25,000 like you say.

When we played Real Madrid in Philadelphia a few years back I am fairly certain the attendance was around about the 35K mark. If this was to go ahead I think you'd be looking at the 20,000/25,000 like you say.

Dundee are bigger than Real Madrid.

Dundee are bigger than Real Madrid.

Exactly.  Even if Madrid win the Champions League tonight it's no where near as impressive as being the only team in your city to be playing in the nations top division.  

What was seethe about the flag.

The flag as you can see has "Achill Island CSC" written across it.  However, after this picture was published in the various news outlets you had the moronic element of the rangers support, as well as the EDL types, all foaming at the mouth about Celtic fans waving an "Islam CSC" banner on the same week Lee Rigby was murdered.  Next couple of days brought around more perma-rage hilarity and I am fairly certain some numpty even tweeted/emailed David Cameron demanding he take action and I think there was even talk of an EDL/SDL "protest" outside Celtic Park.  :lol:

Exactly. Even if Madrid win the Champions League tonight it's no where near as impressive as being the only team in your city to be playing in the nations top division.

The flag as you can see has "Achill Island CSC" written across it. However, after this picture was published in the various news outlets you had the moronic element of the rangers support, as well as the EDL types, all foaming at the mouth about Celtic fans waving an "Islam CSC" banner on the same week Lee Rigby was murdered. Next couple of days brought around more perma-rage hilarity and I am fairly certain some numpty even tweeted/emailed David Cameron demanding he take action and I think there was even talk of an EDL/SDL "protest" outside Celtic Park. :lol:

:lol:

Celtic have a monopoly on so many religious freedom fighters!

Exactly. Even if Madrid win the Champions League tonight it's no where near as impressive as being the only team in your city to be playing in the nations top division.

The flag as you can see has "Achill Island CSC" written across it. However, after this picture was published in the various news outlets you had the moronic element of the rangers support, as well as the EDL types, all foaming at the mouth about Celtic fans waving an "Islam CSC" banner on the same week Lee Rigby was murdered. Next couple of days brought around more perma-rage hilarity and I am fairly certain some numpty even tweeted/emailed David Cameron demanding he take action and I think there was even talk of an EDL/SDL "protest" outside Celtic Park. :lol:

Of course you were singing the Lee Rigby song at the time. Revelling in the brutal murder of a British soldier.

:lol:

Celtic have a monopoly on so many religious freedom fighters!

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.  Or summit like that....

Of course you were singing the Lee Rigby song at the time. Revelling in the brutal murder of a British soldier.

I was signing nothing of the sort.  Neither was the rest of the Celtic support.  The alleged signing of the Lee Rigby song was when we played Brentford in a pre season friendly.

I was signing nothing of the sort. Neither was the rest of the Celtic support. The alleged signing of the Lee Rigby song was when we played Brentford in a pre season friendly.

giphy.gif

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Or summit like that....

I was signing nothing of the sort. Neither was the rest of the Celtic support. The alleged signing of the Lee Rigby song was when we played Brentford in a pre season friendly.

This is a big part of the problem. Denial.

It has been sung far more often than that.

Archived