Dundee to play Celtic in the US.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

The most famous fan of Inverness Caledonian Thistle is the Loch Ness Monster who might be making an appearance at half time.

The game would be a sell-out!

post-25521-0-83401600-1464263395_thumb.j

Why are Dundee willing to sacrifice a home match?

Once again, 'marketing' prevails over the fair and honourable integrity of our sport.

Because surely they'll get majority of the admission due to it being a home game, and thatll rake in a fortune due to the size of stadium.

They also wont have all the absolute mutants slavering over their stadium and pishing in the streets.

True. It's just a bit frustrating. Celtic already have enough of an advantage over the rest of us. It always seemed an inevitability that this would replace a Dundee home match rather than a Celtic one. Perhaps Dundee haven't been strong enough during negotiations. Either way, I hope you win this at a canter.

It's our idea, has nothing to do with Celtic. We went to them with the plan, we're hardly going to be like, 'You're now playing your home game against us in the US'.

Any Dees thinking about going? If it was Falkirk I'd be playing fantasy Skyscanner.

Le_Lincoln_Financial_Field.jpg?w=800&ssl

P.S. Not a bad way to finish off Falkirk Stadium as it happens.

Just chose random dates in October and from Glasgow to Philadelphia it's about £450 return. This is with two stops each way and takes about 14-18hrs.

Just chose random dates in October and from Glasgow to Philadelphia it's about £450 return. This is with two stops each way and takes about 14-18hrs.

Be some effort if someone does it. Hopefully some/someone off here makes the trip just to hear what like.

Be some effort if someone does it. Hopefully some/someone off here makes the trip just to hear what like.

I think we should start a 'See a Dee to Phili" collection, based on the mentioned prices, 45 posters at £10 a head should see one lucky (chosen at random) Dee go stateside and sing of Paul McGowan battering polis.

Thank you.

Cost and time dependent, I'm looking to do it. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Any Dees thinking about going? If it was Falkirk I'd be playing fantasy Skyscanner.

Le_Lincoln_Financial_Field.jpg?w=800&ssl

P.S. Not a bad way to finish off Falkirk Stadium as it happens.

The Philadelphia Derry isn't a patch on the real one.

I think we should start a 'See a Dee to Phili" collection, based on the mentioned prices, 45 posters at £10 a head should see one lucky (chosen at random) Dee go stateside and sing of Paul McGowan battering polis.

Thank you.

I'd chuck in something.

Archived