Dundee to play Celtic in the US.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read comments such as those on this thread I realise how small minded and parochial some Scottish football fans can be.

The only reason to oppose this would be if the paying fans of either/both clubs were against it.

When I read comments such as those on this thread I realise how small minded and parochial some Scottish football fans can be.

The only reason to oppose this would be if the paying fans of either/both clubs were against it.

Yeah, but who gives a f**k what they think. Stupid fans getting in the way of progress. It'll be on the telly, right? That's the most important thing.

The clubs will make some money and the consumers can watch on telly. Or not. Whatever.

And they both seem to be tbf? The Derry loyal in my work were biyling about this pish today and the majority on here seem to be as well.

It's a bizarre proposal, it's nothing to do with being small minded either. If somebody has a good explanation of why it would be a good thing to do then I'm all ears, imagine other people feel the same.

The reasons given so far are a total nonsense.

Yeah, but who gives a f**k what they think. Stupid fans getting in the way of progress. It'll be on the telly, right? That's the most important thing.

The clubs will make some money and the consumers can watch on telly. Or not. Whatever.

You are a fucking hypocrite. Your posts on a whole host of club related matters support the view that fans are nothing more than 'consumers'. Of course I shouldn't expect consistency from you.

Small minded for me is believing football is all about chasing tv revenues that do nothing but enrich the people running the game, not the people following it.

Scottish football is alienating Scottish fans so our bright idea is to take one fixture over the the US? fucking bonkers

If it happens it'll be an oddity which will most likely never happen again.

I'm for it (kind of), reasons being;

It's a bit of publicity.

I'd imagine the financial boys will have worked out that we'll get a fair spunk of dosh for doing it.

Personally I'm not bothered about missing a home game against Celtic aslong as I am given money off my season book.

I'd probably try and go to the game, turn it into a bit of a holiday.

I've spoken to a few dees who are dead against it but the outraged majority all seem to come from other teams who aren't involved.

It'll probably not happen anyway so no need to get sand in the vadge at this stage.

Small minded for me is believing football is all about chasing tv revenues that do nothing but enrich the people running the game, not the people following it.

Scottish football is alienating Scottish fans so our bright idea is to take one fixture over the the US? fucking bonkers

The whole thing that jumps at out me from your post (other than the fact that your not a fan from either club) is that it's one fixture. ONE FIXTURE.

Even if it's an unmitigated disaster is it really a big issue to try it out for one fixture?

PS. If I knew how to do the 'spoiler' thing it would say 'NO'.

It sounds like this is way further on than has been reported but I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out.

What if Dundee get relegated this season (currently 5 points of play-off spot), games abogey then eh?

The league will change the relegation rule so we don't go down. Too big and all that.

Archived