Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

The BBC propaganda machine was in overdrive earlier today, with an anonymous Raqqa resident apparently telling them that French airstrikes are very accurate and haven't killed any civilians. The Russians strikes however are almost exclusively targeting them, of course.

Seriously ? :lol:

If you bomb cities, more civilians die than anything else. Always has been and always will be the case. Do people genuinely think ISIS draw a target on the roof of whatever building they're occupying ? When the birds are in the air they'll do their up most to blend in. I will never support bombing cities which is exactly what the French are doing.

Edited by AUFC90

Seriously ? :lol:

If you bomb cities, more civilians die than anything else. Always has been and always will be the case. Do people genuinely think ISIS draw a target on the roof of whatever building they're occupying ? When the birds are in the air they'll do their up most to blend in. I will never support bombing cities which is exactly what the French are doing.

You sound like an expert. Maybe France should have consulted Pie and Bovril's finest before considering military action. If only they'd known ISIS don't draw a target on their roofs before they set off from the air base.

You sound like an expert. Maybe France should have consulted Pie and Bovril's finest before considering military action. If only they'd known ISIS don't draw a target on their roofs before they set off from the air base.

I don't think you need to be an expert to realise that bombing a civilian population centre will result in lots of civilian deaths. Thanks for the outstanding input though.

Goodnight :)

I don't think you need to be an expert to realise that bombing a civilian population centre will result in lots of civilian deaths. Thanks for the outstanding input though.

Apart from anything else - isn't there a larger risk of human shields being used if they know that they are being targeted in a bombing campaign?

The BBC propaganda machine was in overdrive earlier today, with an anonymous Raqqa resident apparently telling them that French airstrikes are very accurate and haven't killed any civilians. The Russians strikes however are almost exclusively targeting them, of course.

Yeah I seen that as well, it happened on another show as well I saw, and the guy repeatedly stated that defiantly no civilians had been killed...ma baws.

You might want to have another look at the map. These limited bombing raids aren't targeting population centres, just as they didn't bomb population centres in Iraq. The point of these raids would be to prevent IS from reaching them.

In the last weeks, Russian missiles have landed in Iran, and gone so far off course that they had to close Iraqi airspace. I'd far rather have France and the U.K. conduct these missions than Russia.

I'm not sure that bombing in Syria is the right response - I don't know nearly enough about the situation on the ground - but I do know that the action in Iraq has been highly successful, and that the refugee camps were not a result of our interference, but as a result off IS persecution and ethnic cleansing.

The nature of bombing is very different from even ten years ago in terms of precision, numbers and accuracy.

The nature of bombing is very different from even ten years ago in terms of precision, numbers and accuracy.

The doctors, nurses and patients of that UN hospital can testify to that...

(was it the UN? Certified good guy chariteeee types anyway)

(sorry about the umpteen versions of this post. Arsehole phones)

Edited by pandarilla

If half-heartedly means pillaging through cities, destroying infrastructure then fucking off and leaving them in the shitter.

Ifbwe bomb Syria it's almost inevitable that innocent civilians get caught up in the attacks and in the long run it will probably help isis. If a man's wife and kids are killed by a British bomb there's more a chance he'll join an organisation like isis looking for revenge.

You mean he would be okay to lose his wife and kids if hit by a French or an American bomb?

Can't claim my MP to be on the fence anyway.

"Our beliefs in freedom of speech, of religion, of womens rights, are all threatened by Isil a terrorist group who are determined to wipe out those who wont be subjugated to their repressive religious state. They are a death cult and will target us all. We must support our allies and protect what we value or expect to live under their threat of destruction. If we dont defend ourselves and support our allies in time of war then we cannot expect them to support us when we need them. Thats what alliances are for. We are already providing air cover in Iraq every day."

Sorry, back to blaming Corbyn for everything...

That's how democracy works everywhere.

If the public were given a referendum we'd probably have capital punishment back.

A bit of Swiss-style direct democracy would be welcome at times like these.

Wot he said.

There's a lot I find strange about this country, but their attitude to politics is far better than most of the world.

How do you know this? Or is it just a guess?

Have we suddenly got better at this. If not the a look to our previous efforts will provide all the evidence you need.

As someone has previously mentioned, a medical charity MSF had a hospital bombed by the Americans, an accident by all accounts. That is until you find out that the Americans had been given the location details previously.

The Western media then try to claim that it was harbouring terrorists to justify the f**k up. In my opinion this is murder plain and simple.

Edited by strichener