Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

I don't know how I'd deal with folk making false accusations of this nature about me, I certainly wouldn't be impressed with their anonymity remaining intact.
The fact that he's a sleazeball doesn't in my opinion grant anyone a free hit at fitting him up, it certainly hasn't helped the 1000's of women out there that are subjected to serious sexual assaults. 
And you think branding every woman who takes a case to court and loses a "liar" and naming and shaming them for having the audacity to take a case to Court will help ???

Seriously think before you type ffs !

53 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I don't know how I'd deal with folk making false accusations of this nature about me, I certainly wouldn't be impressed with their anonymity remaining intact.

The fact that he's a sleazeball doesn't in my opinion grant anyone a free hit at fitting him up, it certainly hasn't helped the 1000's of women out there that are subjected to serious sexual assaults. 

Jesus fucking christ. 

Your blatant "look at me efforts" don't usually last this long. 

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes, anyone who makes an allegation of sexual assault should have their anonymity compromised publicly if the allegation doesn’t lead to a conviction. That’ll definitely be a good thing for society.

If they pejure themselves they should lose anonymity. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes, anyone who makes an allegation of sexual assault should have their anonymity compromised publicly if the allegation doesn’t lead to a conviction. That’ll definitely be a good thing for society.

Not what I said. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

This. Further to this, not being found guilty in a criminal court doesn't necessarily mean it was a false allegation. 

As above. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Read my post again and tell me where I made false accusations, I quoted his Defense Lawyer so maybe you should get in touch with him and put him right.

I also mentioned that he thought he had a grievance but he stated in court that he was 'touchy feely' and talked of a 'sleepy cuddle', that  where is that a false accusation if it comes from the horses mouth? 

I only replied to your post, I wasn't using your post as a starting point. 

48 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

And you think branding every woman who takes a case to court and loses a "liar" and naming and shaming them for having the audacity to take a case to Court will help ???

Seriously think before you type ffs !

Not even remotely what I'm about. 

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus fucking christ. 

Your blatant "look at me efforts" don't usually last this long. 

There was at least one person who lied, they should have no right to anonymity IMHO,Senga from the scheme would be splattered all over the red tops if she did similar. 

There are loads of women with stronger cases who've never got near a courtroom in this country, instead our system has left them feeling disbelieved and abused for a 2nd time. 

Edited by ayrmad

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

“If” doing a lot of extremely heavy lifting there, mate.

Woman H definitely perjured herself. 

The very strange thing about it is that the Crown went along with it. It led to the case almost collapsing. These are the days of the trial which were erased from Kirsty Wark's BBC program on the proceedings. 

There was at least one person who lied, they should have no right to anonymity IMHO,Senga from the scheme would be splattered all over the red tops if she did similar. 
There are loads of women with stronger cases who've never got near a courtroom in this country, instead our system has left them feeling disbelieved and abused for a 2nd time. 
And you know this how ? Plus if it's common knowledge an accuser lied under oath when can we expect the perjury charges ?

Just now, Detournement said:

The very strange thing about it is that the Crown went along with it. It led to the case almost collapsing. These are the days of the trial which were erased from Kirsty Wark's BBC program on the proceedings. 

That's fine, he deserved it. 

Unless someone is at least charged (never mind then securing a conviction) with perjury that's an impossible claim to make.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

And you know this how ? Plus if it's common knowledge an accuser lied under oath when can we expect the perjury charges ?

She'll be fine as she appears to be on the right side. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye, cool. Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Moon howling conspiracy theory nonsense. Who knew so many PnB members were present in Court at the trial. Amazing.

More lalalalala nonsense to evidence that everyone had access to if they chose to read it. 

Not only was one not where she said she was, she sent a fucking stand-in to take her place. 

Believing that Samantha Barber lied is apparently sensible and normal. Believing that Woman H lied is moon howling conspiracy. Add in a strange pride at knowing almost nothing about the defence case that led to a not guilty verdict and you have the quintessential P&B Nationalist attitude to the allegations against AS.

If Wark's documentary had included coverage of every day of the trial public opinion on the case would be very different imo. 

As I recall Alex Salmond has twice publicly asked/urged the police to make an investigation into the Harassment leak to the Daily Record and to the leak of his electronic messages, the first in February this year and the second in September last year, why didn't he take legal action?

Now he's back in March this year with another request for police action.

Now he intends suing the Scottish Public.

In all honesty, and I have no ill feelings towards the man, how long is this leagl actions going to go on, is there to be a further stream of litigation year after year, because I do not think he will get what he is looking for.

The trial is over and Nicola is cleared so will he just sue everybody involved one at a time, it would be interesting if he takes legal action against his Defence Lawyer Gordon Jackson for calling him a sex pest and a bully plus naming two female complainer in public.

If Salmond thinks that pursuing these actions are in any way going to restore him in terms of public popularity, he is wrong. The two reports this week, for many people, put an end to the matter but he is intent on dragging it on.