Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

45 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
47 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Truth always works wherever it comes from.
Lets just watch this play out.
No rush. The election is a good way off.

And what about Johnson lying to parliament?

Classic Scottish whataboutery.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Think it will backfire spectacularly on them by highlighting how the SP needs more powers too.

The fact that the usual union flag twitter accounts are going nuts tells me it's another non story that they're clinging too to try and knock another percent or two off the SNP.

They're going to look back and regret it come May.

sadly i don't think they will.  This shows she didn't tell the truth, I can't see us getting over 50% with that hanging over her.  Which is what we need.  40-45% in May my prediction.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's not even made BBC news and it happened, what 2-3 hours ago now?

possibly a story in itself.  wonder why because it's quite devastating to her version of events, whether anyone cares or not is another matter.

Just now, tirso said:

possibly a story in itself.  wonder why because it's quite devastating to her version of events, whether anyone cares or not is another matter.

Is it though? It's an unsubstantiated leak from someone that lives over 400 mile away and has a clear reason to want to get one over a rival party.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it though? It's an unsubstantiated leak from someone that lives over 400 mile away and has a clear reason to want to get one over a rival party.

Do you think that the leak is made up? 

it could well be that Sturgeon was lying for the greater good in her eyes but you'd have to be a complete idiot to think she hasn't lied about when she knew given the revelation this evening.
I like her but she has obviously lied and it doesn't sit right with me.

We are talking hearsay and innuendo - not a single piece of actual evidence has been produced by Davis.

Just now, Stormzy said:

Do you think that the leak is made up? 

I don't know. Depends where it came from. Is there any evidence either way?

Are there people that would tell lies for self-serving purposes? Yes. Could it be true? Also, yes.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Judith McKinnon's could be telling a lie for no reason but I think it's beyond extremely unlikely given the timeline and lack of motivation.

If you mean this evidence is fake, then yeah. can't disagree with that.  clearly my point is on the presumption it's not fake.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

Judith McKinnon's could be telling a lie for no reason but I think it's beyond extremely unlikely given the timeline and lack of motivation.

If you mean this evidence is fake, then yeah. can't disagree with that.  clearly my point is on the presumption it's not fake.

Davis has chosen to use parliamentary privilege to disclose this which means he can say something completely unsubstantiated and can't be questioned on it. I'd be asking why this is and why he didn't instead pass the info on to the inquiry where it could be investigated.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Davis has chosen to use parliamentary privilege to disclose this which means he can say something completely unsubstantiated and can't be questioned on it. I'd be asking why this is and why he didn't instead pass the info on to the inquiry where it could be investigated.

Sure, i don't know the reasons for that, he seems to allude to legal reasons but i'm no expert.  I think it's more likely than unlikely that the messages are real to be honest.  That's all i can say as my take.  Sure, they should undertake to corroborate the messages.  

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So if there is this "bombshell" evidence, why not just produce it instead of gossiping about it like sweetie wives all the time?

You think if they had something solid then the likes of Neil would have published it by now.

Absolutely.

Will any of these "bombshell" revelations diminish support for Scottish independence?

I rather think not. 

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So if there is this "bombshell" evidence, why not just produce it instead of gossiping about it like sweetie wives all the time?

You think if they had something solid then the likes of Neil would have published it by now.

Do you think the leaks are fake?

I wouldn't be surprised if the evidence becomes public in the next few days, let's just theoretically say they are genuine, what do you think about the issue then? 

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His issue was that the enquiry was being prevented from seeing the evidence he alleges he has and that the Scottish Parliament didn't have the power to obtain it.  His main aim I believe was to provide the Scottish Parliament with the necessary powers by amending the Scotland Act (god knows if that was done as some are suggesting?) .  He could of course just have indicated that these powers were required and not use parliamentary privilege to list the alleged evidence he had access to, but politics is aplay here given May is not far away.  Said it previously, but people really should wait for the independent review to establish whether or not NS breached the Ministerial Code.

Edited by Angus_Don