Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Guest Bob Mahelp

Already the main story in The Express. 

It's like Pavlov's dog....stimulus, response. Some Tory throws a piece of shit that he has made up, the right wing press spread the shit around further. 

It's laughable and pathetic, in equal measure. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Already the main story in The Express. 

It's like Pavlov's dog....stimulus, response. Some Tory throws a piece of shit that he has made up, the right wing press spread the shit around further. 

It's laughable and pathetic, in equal measure. 

Someone needs to challenge him to produce the evidence instead of using Parliamentary privilege to hide behind.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
This is big time stuff!!
The MSM will take this up at long last.

Makes the enquiry look like a whitewash which, of course, it is.

Well done DD.

Yeh, cause Tory's attacking Scotland works..

Truth always works wherever it comes from.

Lets just watch this play out.

No rush. The election is a good way off.

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Just watched the whole thing. What exactly was the smoking gun?

I never claimed there was a "smoking gun". 

There was plenty food for thought, some of the more pertinent claims are laid out in the Tweets I've posted above. 

I found the withholding of evidence that would implicate Sturgeon to the committee to be quite a stark concern, especially when it was apparantly done under the guise of protecting claimants when that's been proven to being a non issue regarding the evidence that's been published online anyway.. 

I thought it was a good summation of all the claims, of course some of the accusations and rebuttals have been hard to follow considering the length and depth of such claims that this video is very handy for people that aren't up to date with all the different points. 

I never claimed there was a "smoking gun". 
There was plenty food for thought, some of the more pertinent claims are laid out in the Tweets I've posted above. 
I found the withholding of evidence that would implicate Sturgeon to the committee to be quite a stark concern, especially when it was apparantly done under the guise of protecting claimants when that's been proven to being a non issue regarding the evidence that's been published online anyway.. 
I thought it was a good summation of all the claims, of course some of the accusations and rebuttals have been hard to follow considering the length and depth of such claims that this video is very handy for people that aren't up to date with all the different points. 

I love DRoss’s tweet on it. Full of bile and anger, finishing with “these are all ‘if’s’.”

This is what finally puts it to bed for me.

19 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Just watched the whole thing. What exactly was the smoking gun?

In regards to Sturgeon, I think it's misleading Parliament with regards to when she was made aware of the Salmond allegations and thereby breaching the Ministerial Code .  Seems that Davis has some information (emails?), which might show evidence of her knowing well before she alleges, information the committee did not have access to (god knows if they have the info now).  Didn't Salmond himself say that Sturgeon did not conspire against him and that his beef was with others in the civil service and SNP, including NS's husband?  The bottom line in all this is that an independent enquiry is being carried out in respect of the Ministerial Code breach by NS and that report should be the deciding factor as regards whether or not Sturgeon should go (not that breaking the Ministerial Code in Westminster appears to be a problem for the current Home Secretary). 

Think it will backfire spectacularly on them by highlighting how the SP needs more powers too.

The fact that the usual union flag twitter accounts are going nuts tells me it's another non story that they're clinging too to try and knock another percent or two off the SNP.

They're going to look back and regret it come May.

it could well be that Sturgeon was lying for the greater good in her eyes but you'd have to be a complete idiot to think she hasn't lied about when she knew given the revelation this evening.

I like her but she has obviously lied and it doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by tirso