Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

54 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's Craig Murray been found in contempt. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56523329

The guy is a tool, but I'm genuinely baffled how he has been singled out when two MSM journalists gave the game away well before he did, yet not a peep from the beak...

A journalist tweeted an actual name during the trial and apparently the metadata from the Rape Crisis emailed statement named a complainer. Then obviously there is Dani Garavelli. 

Craig Murray's blog definitely crossed the line though. Given his lack of a criminal record, background and health conditions I'd be surprised if he gets the jail but who knows these days. 

I think the fact that he was repeatedly warned to can it, excluded from court and still tried everything he could to find a way inside etc might have raised Lady Dorian's hackles to the point where he does a stretch. Even if it's just a token 7 days or something.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

Salmond should be grateful he'll see an independent Scotland and just leave it at that.

Will he? It seems like he's bickering with his neighbour over how high the Leylandii are while his house is burning down. Fucking weirdo.

Edit, not you anaona....

Edited by Tony Ferrino

7 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes, anyone who makes an allegation of sexual assault should have their anonymity compromised publicly if the allegation doesn’t lead to a conviction. That’ll definitely be a good thing for society.

When you continue to make statements afterwards using your anominity then that also isn't a good thing for society.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What a mess Alex Salmond has made of his life.

Fair enough he thought he had a genuine grievance but the touchy feely confession  by him and his defense lawyer during the trial saying in public that Salmond was a sex pest and  bully has left a stain.

Now's he's back wanting blood and financial compensation from us.

Better if he had went quiet after his jury victory, at least he won now he's looking like a bad loser after the findings in the Hamilton report.

He looks what he’s always looked... a total class act.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

He looks what he’s always looked... a total class act.

I am not sure a lot of people will agree with you.

There is no doubt that he is a brilliant politician and puts most recent UK PM's to shame as he is miles ahead of them. But he always has come across as a bit smug and over bearing, and long before these allegations surfaced or his court case, where he was acquitted, most women i know couldn't stand him.

3 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

There is no doubt that he is a brilliant politician and puts most recent UK PM's to shame as he is miles ahead of them. But he always has come across as a bit smug and over bearing, and long before these allegations surfaced or his court case, where he was acquitted, most women i know couldn't stand him.

There's no doubt he was firmly in the like him or loathe him camp. No half measures.

My wife would never have voted for him because she thought he was a sleaze. 

Edit: I thought he was the fucking man

Edited by madwullie

There's no doubt he was firmly in the like him or loathe him camp. No half measures.
This. His verbal shredding of the opposition at WM was utterly glorious but he was a totally divisive figure. My sister used to wait tables at Salmond's restaurant of choice in Blairgowrie many years ago. She couldn't stand him (not for nefarious reasons btw, simply because he was an utterly miserable b*****d to everyone he spoke to). She started voting SNP the first election after NS took over.

31 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
43 minutes ago, madwullie said:

This. His verbal shredding of the opposition at WM was utterly glorious but he was a totally divisive figure. My sister used to wait tables at Salmond's restaurant of choice in Blairgowrie many years ago. She couldn't stand him (not for nefarious reasons btw, simply because he was an utterly miserable b*****d to everyone he spoke to). She started voting SNP the first election after NS took over.

If anyone was going to have a restaurant of choice in Blairgowrie it would be big eck. Tattoo of Scotland on his back with a restaurant and phone number marked in every town

47 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think you'll find that might now be a minority view.

Sure. That’s because people have bought the smear. That’s how it works.

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I recall Alex Salmond has twice publicly asked/urged the police to make an investigation into the Harassment leak to the Daily Record and to the leak of his electronic messages, the first in February this year and the second in September last year, why didn't he take legal action?

Now he's back in March this year with another request for police action.

Now he intends suing the Scottish Public.

In all honesty, and I have no ill feelings towards the man, how long is this leagl actions going to go on, is there to be a further stream of litigation year after year, because I do not think he will get what he is looking for.

The trial is over and Nicola is cleared so will he just sue everybody involved one at a time, it would be interesting if he takes legal action against his Defence Lawyer Gordon Jackson for calling him a sex pest and a bully plus naming two female complainer in public.

Read the statement. The logic of his intended course of action is absolutely clear.

The ‘trial’ will not be ‘over’ until the full story has been uncovered.

No amount of wishing is going to change that.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Read the statement. The logic of his intended course of action is absolutely clear.

The ‘trial’ will not be ‘over’ until the full story has been uncovered.

No amount of wishing is going to change that.

And if that's how he feels then good on him, if I had a wee cabal trying to stitch me up I wouldn't let it lie either. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

And if that's how he feels then good on him, if I had a wee cabal trying to stitch me up I wouldn't let it lie either. 

Of course. Totally uncontroversial view in any normal environment.

In this environment, for reasons that completely escape me, people seem to think it’s ok to mount malicious and ridiculous prosecutions... and then relentlessly smear someone even when it all falls apart.

That’s the aspect that disturbs me most.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Of course. Totally uncontroversial view in any normal environment.

In this environment, for reasons that completely escape me, people seem to think it’s ok to mount malicious and ridiculous prosecutions... and then relentlessly smear someone even when it all falls apart.

That’s the aspect that disturbs me most.

All down to the fact that the SNP might return us indeyref2 sometime in 2020.2021,2022, 2023, 2024 or some other date after an election that requires a majority of seats. 

Can't see it anytime under this lot if I'm being honest, talent is very very thin on the ground behind Sturgeon. 

35 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

All down to the fact that the SNP might return us indeyref2 sometime in 2020.2021,2022, 2023, 2024 or some other date after an election that requires a majority of seats. 

Can't see it anytime under this lot if I'm being honest, talent is very very thin on the ground behind Sturgeon. 

Unless something totally unpredictable comes out of left field, we’ll get nothing before 2026, possibly later.

For me, time to pay less attention to politics for a bit and wait to see how things settle in the longer term.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Unless something totally unpredictable comes out of left field, we’ll get nothing before 2026, possibly later.

For me, time to pay less attention to politics for a bit and wait to see how things settle in the longer term.

I find your post a bit strange here tbh. Anyone seriously wanting independence will be hammering at the door of the SNP every day after this next SP election if they get a majority.