Stupidest statements from politicians

Antlion

He's not wrong though.

Must be driving unionists mad, I know if I was in the other side of the fence, I would be tearing my hair out and wishing it would all just go away.

It is driving them mad. Look how utterly raging IronChicken and GlenSannox are every time they post.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten years from now the SNP leader, if the SNP are still relevant, will be saying "Independence has never been closer". Donkey and carrot springs to mind, with the donkey saying, "I'm gonna get that bloody carrot".

Well you're certainly the skelp on the arse!

Alex Salmond. This is the closest Scotland has ever been to independence. What a wassock.

Alex Salmond last year, 'Independence has never been closer". Buffoon of the year.

:lol:

No-one bit the first time, so maybe if I sort out some of the grammar and actually put quotations round the quote someone will have a nibble..... :D

Ten years from now the SNP leader, if the SNP are still relevant, will be saying "Independence has never been closer". Donkey and carrot springs to mind, with the donkey saying, "I'm gonna get that bloody carrot".

How many of your 86 posts have been sheer unbridled rage concerning the SNP?

I love their complete belief in the unbelieveable, it amazes me over one third of Scots still can't see through these charlatans.

Well over half still can't see through the massive con job that Scotland's sovereign parliament shouldn't even be in Scotland and should be mostly made up of people who don't represent anywhere in Scotland, so ...

I love their complete belief in the unbelieveable, it amazes me over one third of Scots still can't see through these charlatans.

Perhaps you're just wrong. Try rolling that around in the wee empty vessel just behind your eyes.

bloody+nationalists.jpg

The tartan Tories can never get their ultimate wish, as a matter of fact it should be made a crime to try and break up a country. Treason, 50 years or a death sentence for anyone plotting to destroy the UK.

I thought the Tories were yoonionist birdbrain

You've changed your tune have you not? From a unionist point of view how do you think the next day 10 yrs will pan out?

I haven't changed my opinion. I would still vote no. But I realise that it is now an inevitability. I can see a new referendum pre 2020 GE. Depends on how big SNP majority at Holyrood is. If I were Sturgeon I would make sure that a referenda is in the manifesto. And then she could demand it before 2020. Labour are finished in Scotland as a UK party. I believe, as a Labour member that the party will only survive under independence. They can jettison the Westminster tag. The SNP will be faced the conundrum of being an independence party having acheived it and having to re position itself as a mainstraim party rather than a one policy, mainly, party to one of a political party to serve the full needs of the independent nation. Interesting times.

I haven't changed my opinion. I would still vote no. But I realise that it is now an inevitability. I can see a new referendum pre 2020 GE. Depends on how big SNP majority at Holyrood is. If I were Sturgeon I would make sure that a referenda is in the manifesto. And then she could demand it before 2020. Labour are finished in Scotland as a UK party. I believe, as a Labour member that the party will only survive under independence. They can jettison the Westminster tag. The SNP will be faced the conundrum of being an independence party having acheived it and having to re position itself as a mainstraim party rather than a one policy, mainly, party to one of a political party to serve the full needs of the independent nation. Interesting times.

Fair play mate...

Not sure it will happen pretty 2020 tho. I'm thinking tory majority in 2020 GE followed by SNP majority 2021 with ref being on manifesto then 2022/23 referendum

Completely agree though Labour are finished

Now cheer up man and enjoy the journey.. :)

I'd certainly look at a grown up, mature Scottish Labour party, post independence.

As I've said before, the SNP are a vehicle to get the country we want. After independence, I'd fully expect the Scottish political landscape to shift again, and with it, my vote.

Archived