Hibs v Falkirk

Must be so shit for Falkirk that ourselves and Rangers (as well as Hearts last year) are in this league. They'd surely be good enough to go up if it wasn't for this, but until Hibs and Rangers both go up they'll be up against it big time. I'm sure if it does end up between us and Falkirk in a playoff and we win, all the Falkirk fans will be right behind us in the final.

Yep, any other season and this Falkirk team would be running away with it. From what I've read on here they've actually held there budget back because there's no point pushing the boat out for 3rd-4th place.

If Hibs and Rangers both go up they must fancy their chances next season. A wee bit investment in the depth of their squad and they'll be challenging imo.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the numerous blunders Ma-Kalambay has been my favourite Hibs keeper by a distance :lol:. I totally convinced myself he was shit hot ​even though he had a knack of throwing a goal or two in. I would ignore error after error in the hope that he would come good but sadly he never quite did. I remember a game in the old shed ,not sure who against , Makas got the ball at his feet with the striker bearing down on him. The whole stadium falls quiet as everyone anticipates the inevitable blunder that's just about to take place , the striker slides in only for Maka to Cruyff turn in the other direction. The cowshed erupts in to his chant as he gracefully strolls away with the ball :lol:. It was a very sad day when he left.

:lol: was st Mirren mate, 2 mins later the fanny threw the ball right to their player and he scored.

The worst was at Aberdeen. Great day apart from him passing the ball to a sheep and tapped in.

After Zibby I thought we had a superstar! Do do do do Makalambay after Brian Kerr scored early doors at the pink shithole :)

Need to cut out those daft goals we keep conceding in the last 10, is it a fitness thing or just lack of concentration? Have a good feeling we'll take points off rangers next week as well. Great game today, mcginns challenge was disgusting, cracking player but could've broken Kerrs leg. Had to laugh at the hibees booing Kerr as well after it like hed dived. Cummings is a wee tit with his blatant diving. First time I've been to Easter road. V nice stadium IMO

Must be so shit for Falkirk that ourselves and Rangers (as well as Hearts last year) are in this league. They'd surely be good enough to go up if it wasn't for this

Well last year they finished fifth, miles adrift of us, so let's not get too carried away over the injustice of them sharing a division with some big clubs.

Well last year they finished fifth, miles adrift of us, so let's not get too carried away over the injustice of them sharing a division with some big clubs.

Falkirk are much better than queens mate. Can you take Danny c back please?

Need to cut out those daft goals we keep conceding in the last 10, is it a fitness thing or just lack of concentration? Have a good feeling we'll take points off rangers next week as well. Great game today, mcginns challenge was disgusting, cracking player but could've broken Kerrs leg. Had to laugh at the hibees booing Kerr as well after it like hed dived. Cummings is a wee tit with his blatant diving. First time I've been to Easter road. V nice stadium IMO

Fitness could be the issue, maybe moving to full time would help Falkirk?

Must be so shit for Falkirk that ourselves and Rangers (as well as Hearts last year) are in this league. They'd surely be good enough to go up if it wasn't for this, but until Hibs and Rangers both go up they'll be up against it big time. I'm sure if it does end up between us and Falkirk in a playoff and we win, all the Falkirk fans will be right behind us in the final.

Can see us and Rangers going up this season while Falkirk win the league next season.

Well first of all I never said it was an injustice. Your point is irrelevant because they'd have presumably come 2nd last season with all being the same (so they'd have had a shot), and this year surely 1st. So yes, I think my assumption that Rangers/Hearts/Hibs fucking it up has harmed Falkirk's odds of promotion is fair.

I agree and welcome to the forum mate.

Well first of all I never said it was an injustice. Your point is irrelevant because they'd have presumably come 2nd last season with all being the same (so they'd have had a shot), and this year surely 1st. So yes, I think my assumption that Rangers/Hearts/Hibs fucking it up has harmed Falkirk's odds of promotion is fair.

Well by that logic, we've been totally shafted by the presence of clubs from Glasgow and Edinburgh and would otherwise right now be gracing the top flight, so spare us your bleating lament for Falkirk.

We made a £1.2m profit last season, I'm quite sure we would have invested more in the team if we were only chasing QotS for the title.

How many of our squad would you have nicked in January, were that the case, I wonder?

Did you post such profits, even before the Cup run?

Are you suggesting we don't appreciate a creative verve? Or have I read this wrong.

Yeah, but I was only kidding.

Has Carmichael really not produced at all?

It's a pity. I liked him a lot, but he could be terribly inconsistent. He lacked a final ball far too often and seemed to very much be a confidence player. It's a shame it's not happened for him, but not a massive surprise.

Harris has been largely disappointing for us, but was excellent last night.

Yeah, but I was only kidding.Has Carmichael really not produced at all? It's a pity. I liked him a lot, but he could be terribly inconsistent. He lacked a final ball far too often and seemed to very much be a confidence player. It's a shame it's not happened for him, but not a massive surprise.Harris has been largely disappointing for us, but was excellent last night.

Danny's only really been given the odd chance off the bench as we tend not to play with wingers and obviously had a settled winning team. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play and thought he could be an exciting player for us.

How many of our squad would you have nicked in January, were that the case, I wonder?

Did you post such profits, even before the Cup run?

We made £850k in pre season from the sales of Kingsley and McGrandles. None of that money was reinvested in the team. I believe we used some of it to pay off the pitch early, saving about £70k in interest payments and releasing £100k a season in rental income that we weren't getting til the pitch was paid off. And idk, we might have taken a few more ;)

Archived