Dumbarton v St. Mirren

Ian Murray returns to his theatre of dreams where the Sons will be intent on making it his worst nightmare yet. Having dealt with Alloa last week forcing the subsequent resignation of Danny Lennon, could the Sons make it 2 in 2 and hammer the final nail into the dour faced c***s' coffin? Let's hope so. I also hope we offer the c**t no hospitality whatsoever, preferably hiding a bucket of steaming pish in the away dressing room as well.

Apart from that, I hope we score some goals and St Mirren don't score some goals.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Murray returns to his theatre of dreams where the Sons will be intent on making it his worst nightmare yet. Having dealt with Alloa last week forcing the subsequent resignation of Danny Lennon, could the Sons make it 2 in 2 and hammer the final nail into the dour faced c***s' coffin? Let's hope so. I also hope we offer the c**t no hospitality whatsoever, preferably hiding a bucket of steaming pish in the away dressing room as well.

Apart from that, I hope we score some goals and St Mirren don't score some goals.

The big question on everybody's lips is this: Will he wave to the St Mirren fans, Dumbarton fans, or neither set?

The big question on everybody's lips is this: Will he wave to the St Mirren fans, Dumbarton fans, or neither set?

Wrong question - he WILL wave; the only issue is will he use one finger or two?

And there's no real need for that bucket of steaming pish to be hidden in the dressing room; that would be overkill. I know he's injured, but I think Jim Goodwin will still be in there.

Murray wouldn't even wave to a group of disabled orphans.

Infact he'd probably kick dirt in their faces and spit on them.

Wow. You guys really, really don't have any time for him, do you?

To be fair I don't actually mind him all that much. My post above wasn't actually serious :lol:

There's absolutely no denying that he's a bit of a dour faced p***k that didn't leave us on very good terms, and for those reasons he can eat my next shite.

I also absolutely hate the view people hold about us owing Murray the world when we took the punt on an utter rookie. Murray owes us nothing either, a good move from us that benefitted both parties.

Still can't make my mind up as to whether I'm feeling slightly sorry for him.

It's an odd one. Absence has certainly not made the Sons' support's hearts grow fonder when it comes to Murray. I personally thought he done a fine job with us in a difficult league. Seemed alright at the few meet the manager sessions as well.

Hope he turns it around at St Mirren, although not at our expense. Emphatic home win please.

Good times on the football pitch doesn't make Ian Murray a nice person. Nor do bad times make him a bad one. Being an egotistcal, ungrateful dickhead does however make him a bit of a c**t and one that I don't have a lot of respect for. Agree though, I hope we pump them.

I respected the guy when he was here. It was a good move for both parties- rookie manager, part time club with no real pressures and we stayed up. The time had come for him to leave and again it suited both club and individual. No harm done in giving him a wee bit of acknowledgment.

On Saturday however I hope we win and if that makes him unemployed then tough shit it's about getting the 3 points.

If he doesn't wave expect a meltdown from the ladies.

We're away, so I can cling to the possibility that we won't lose.

Agnew must be due a goal soon surely?

Aggy will score, of that I am sure.

He's a good guy though so as long as it's only a late consolation it'll be alright ;)

Murray did a cracking job with us, that is undeniable, he also appears to rate himself very highly and it extremely stubborn - hence why he's failing at a bigger club. Last year - the first without Jack Ross - was utterly painful viewing and his signings were pretty much to a man dire. For that reason big questions still remain over his ability (certainly for me) to be a decent manager without an excellent coach as number 2.

This will be a tough game, but it's one I've been looking forward to all season, 3 points followed by a post-match interview Muzz seethfest would do me just fine :)

As far as I'm concerned, the time was right for Murray to move on. Right for both Murray and ourselves. For the most part of his time with us we were successful, particularly with the great escape.

But by the time it was whispered that St.Mirren were lurking, it had gone stale. We hadn't kept up our success in the early days under Murray, and did Murray have the desire to take us on again? Or did he have the same desire to do so as when he initially came in.

I respect what he did for us, and hope he improves as a manager, but not this season, I hope we can heap further pain on his managerial time in paisley.

This is another crucial game, for both sides, and if we could get another win on the back of beating Alloa, it would be massive.

Archived