Carlo Monti

Carlo1990

Don't like these excuses guys. We got beat by better teams in my opinion. EC controlled the game after we scored. It's a different style of football and when we play them in future we need to develop a way to get past them. Mental block possibly but like the champions league not always the great teams win. LL could be Talbots achilles heal until we work it out how to beat them properly.

Talbot could try getting the ball down start and playing football instead of lumping it up the park for Milliken and Wilson to chase, until Talbot get ball playing midfielders instead of battlers they will always struggle against decent footballing sides who can match their running power, Talbot win most games in the juniors due to their fitness and strength they simply haven't any players such as Hughie Lyden, Gary Graham or Colin Spence in their team..............lets face it boys like Hyslop and Boyd aren't exactly going to out pass anyone off the park.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talbot could try getting the ball down start and playing football instead of lumping it up the park for Milliken and Wilson to chase, until Talbot get ball playing midfielders instead of battlers they will always struggle against decent footballing sides who can match their running power, Talbot win most games in the juniors due to their fitness and strength they simply haven't any players such as Hughie Lyden, Gary Graham or Colin Spence in their team..............lets face it boys like Hyslop and Boyd aren't exactly going to out pass anyone off the park.

There might be an element of truth to that. Musselburgh passed Talbot off the park in the first half of the Scottish final last season and Talbot only gained the initiative when Musselburgh tired. I thought the wide Rugby Park pitch suited the passing team better as it meant Talbot's usual tactics of pressing and squeezing space, which normally work well on tight Junior parks, were ineffective.

Both of Talbot's recent defeats against LL sides have happened on large pitches. I wonder if that's a factor?

Haha Hertha XD

Players and staff change teams, even committee members and now seemingly bloke with a camera. I was asked to come to Hurlford, helped them as best as I could, finished up then later was asked to join Talbot, now doing everything I can for them.

Anyway this is a monti thread ffs. good luck in getting a new club Carlo.

I'm sure somebody will sign you even just for your name Carlo, one of the most exotic names to ever don the Maroon and White. ;)

:lol:

I still sing his name in work or on nights out. Cult status with me for the name alone.

Genuinely though, get yourself a club and get settled and work hard. The talent is there, use it before it's too late.

There might be an element of truth to that. Musselburgh passed Talbot off the park in the first half of the Scottish final last season and Talbot only gained the initiative when Musselburgh tired. I thought the wide Rugby Park pitch suited the passing team better as it meant Talbot's usual tactics of pressing and squeezing space, which normally work well on tight Junior parks, were ineffective.

Both of Talbot's recent defeats against LL sides have happened on large pitches. I wonder if that's a factor?

Talbot play to their strengths. Sometimes not pretty but it is effective. Tucker ain't no fool he knows the junior game and how to win in it.

Dec last year we passed Talbot off the park for 45 mins, came home with a 3 nil defeat, harsh lesson,Monti would help though.

Failed to score 1st half when on top & paid the price 2nd half when Talbots superior finishing got the goals when it mattered.

Agree Monti would help

Archived