Derek McInnes

McInnes has transformed the whole mentality of our club. As far as I'm concerned he can stay as long as he wants.

Anyone he says they wouldn't swap their manager for him is a liar(unless you are a St. Johnstone fan, or Hearts at a push).

You're right m8, I feel bad for lying now. I'd swap Hartley for him in a heartbeat after watching Del boy preside over a 7 game winless streak of 6 losses (including a 5-1 mauling at home against St Johnstone and getting papped out the cup by lower league opposition) and a draw with Motherwell. This is as well as getting fucked out of Europe to some mob from Kazakhstan.

Yes, he truly is a tactical genius and footballing mastermind.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right m8, I feel bad for lying now. I'd swap Hartley for him in a heartbeat after watching Del boy preside over a 7 game winless streak of 6 losses (including a 5-1 mauling at home against St Johnstone and getting papped out the cup by lower league opposition) and a draw with Motherwell. This is as well as getting fucked out of Europe to some mob from Kazakhstan.

Hartleys got 6 wins in 30 and has built the most unbalanced squad in the league

Hartleys got 6 wins in 30 and has built the most unbalanced squad in the league

Where are you plucking the number 30 from?If you want to go down the route of tedious, irrelevant points: until Saturday we had lost less games than your mob this season.

What's your point?

Where are you plucking the number 30 from?If you want to go down the route of tedious, irrelevant points: until Saturday we had lost less games than your mob this season.

What's your point?

My point was clear

You'd rather 6 wins in 30 over a trophy and European football?

K

U wot? You telling me McInnes could substantially drop his budget down to our level and still get us European football and a cup? Get the c**t in then, I'm all for it now.

U wot? You telling me McInnes could substantially drop his budget down to our level and still get us European football and a cup? Get the c**t in then, I'm all for it now.

Well now all this says to me is that Tommy Wright is indeed the best manager in the Scottish top league!

At least that's an informed, objective opinion :rolleyes:

A tactical genius he is not, but he has been fantastic for us and we are night and day to what we once were.

I had high hopes for Hartley as a manager but to be honest Dundee look bang average at best this season and we dispatched of you worryingly easily last weekend.

Also I am fed up of hearing about this "mob" from Kazakhstan. Aside from Celtic, I would challenge anyone in this division to go up against that side. World class they were not, but they were a very good side.

I met Derek McInnes at the Jet garage in Dundee at approximately 5am on a Monday morning filling up his top spec Range Rover.

We exchanged pleasantries over Rory Loy signing for us and as he departed he complimented my beard.

on the strength of this interaction I'd have him at Dens.

On our recent fixture changes:

“None of that will apply for the run of games we have coming up. There will be less people in the door, so less money taken in.

“There will also be a lesser atmosphere.

“The empty seats will also look bad for our game when the coverage is shown on the television.

“We want to try to promote our game, but all of that doesn’t help.

“We must be careful not to be seen to take our supporters for granted.

“The fans are the most important people at any club.”

Big Deek kens the score

I have to say that though Derek has been fantastic for us, he also arrived at just the right time.

Many of our standout performers over the last 2-3 years are players who were brought to the club during the Paw Broon era. For example Mark Reynolds, Niall Mcginn & Jonny Hayes were all brought in by Brown.

Brown just never got the best out of the team, partly down to tactics and partly due to weaknesses we still had in the team (a decent striker being the main one) that he either didn't or couldn't fix.

Derek has done well in the transfer market for us. Rooney, Logan, McLean (in the correct position), Flood and others have improved our team. But credit also has to go to those behind the scenes as we have gone out and got the correct players, paying fees/wages that other teams cannot match.

There are still failings though, the ones most obvious to fans being the lack of changes by utilising subs earlier than 80min bar for injuries and the issue of players being used in positions they are not suited to. When things are going well, it's great but on those days where we start slow and don't look quite right on the field, there's always that worry that we'll just be hoping we scrape a win. Ross County is the exception, so hopefully whatever happened at half time for that game has been 'kept on file' for later use.

He's done well, I'm happy for him to stay, but the improvement in Aberdeen is down to more than Derek. The club as a whole have done this, and the hope is that we continue in this vein, with or without Derek.

I have to say that though Derek has been fantastic for us, he also arrived at just the right time.

Many of our standout performers over the last 2-3 years are players who were brought to the club during the Paw Broon era. For example Mark Reynolds, Niall Mcginn & Jonny Hayes were all brought in by Brown.

Brown just never got the best out of the team, partly down to tactics and partly due to weaknesses we still had in the team (a decent striker being the main one) that he either didn't or couldn't fix.

Derek has done well in the transfer market for us. Rooney, Logan, McLean (in the correct position), Flood and others have improved our team. But credit also has to go to those behind the scenes as we have gone out and got the correct players, paying fees/wages that other teams cannot match.

There are still failings though, the ones most obvious to fans being the lack of changes by utilising subs earlier than 80min bar for injuries and the issue of players being used in positions they are not suited to. When things are going well, it's great but on those days where we start slow and don't look quite right on the field, there's always that worry that we'll just be hoping we scrape a win. Ross County is the exception, so hopefully whatever happened at half time for that game has been 'kept on file' for later use.

He's done well, I'm happy for him to stay, but the improvement in Aberdeen is down to more than Derek. The club as a whole have done this, and the hope is that we continue in this vein, with or without Derek.

I agree with pretty much all of that. He does seem to lack a plan B when things aren't going to plan. He's put together a strong first 11 with 1 or 2 behind that that can make a difference to the team.

Our recent poor run of form highlighted those failings for me, he juggled things a bit to try and change it (Parker up front against Caley) but then it seemed he just kept putting out the same team and hoped things would turn itself round eventually.

I'm sure that's very simplistic and much more work went on behind the scenes but that was a fans view of it.

Archived