Derek McInnes

Just out of interest, what is FC Kairat's budget and how does it compare to Aberdeen's?

I see what you're getting at.

And no I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet we'd have no hope of tempting tymoschuk to pittodrie on our current budget for playing staff.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means what it says. What I've always said. Qualifying rounds don't count as 'getting into Europe'. A European competition starts at the group stages, IMO. Re-naming hem 'the early stage of the Europa' made me chuckle, even St Johnstone fans never went that far.

What this? I'm lying because 'getting into Europe' doesn't meet your definition?

I wouldn't say we 'qualified' for the Europa league but we were in Europe. As were Inverness and st Johnstone.

You also never answered the question of what you meant by it. Would you want Dundee to finish in a league position that would see them in Europa league qualifiers?

Not a fail.

It really was a strange conclusion to reach.

Good to see the Dees obsession still going strong on the Derek McInnes thread.

You went off on a wee rant pointing out a previous mistake in one of my older posts.

But it wasn't actually me......so...

Fail ????

Your previous point had been some tragic Sevco level chat.

Cheers.

I see what you're getting at.

And no I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet we'd have no hope of tempting tymoschuk to pittodrie on our current budget for playing staff.

That's correct; I was getting at the fact that you had completely fabricated the fact that Unknown Diddy Kazakh Mob FC had a much higher budget to Aberdeen which was comparable to the gap between our respective clubs. You had basically pulled that fact out of your arse.

I wouldn't be calling a Europa qualifier being in Europe. I've already said this.

I WOULDN'T CALL PLAYING IN A QUALIFYING ROUND, PLAYING IN EUROPE.

I've wrote it twice and capitalised the second for your benefit here, I hope I don't have to go over this again.

Alright so you do want to qualify for the qualifiers of the Europa league, you just wouldn't call it playing in Europe. Nice one.

Can I ask what relevance this revelation has to Derek mcinnes ability as a manager? Your original comment was that you wouldn't want Dundee to travel that far and call it being in Europe. Cheers for that.

Well your contribution to a thread about Derek mcinnes as a manager is that you don't think a Europa league qualifier is Europe....so yeah, I'm simple.

No, my original contribution was I wouldn't swap him for Hartley. The whole - I wouldn't call taking us into Europe to be rag dolled by Kazakhs - was a mere continuation. As I also said, he's taken you exactly where you should be. Actually getting into a European competition would be an achievement. I think Craig Brown managed it, or was it Mark McGhee?

No, my original contribution was I wouldn't swap him for Hartley. The whole - I wouldn't call taking us into Europe to be rag dolled by Kazakhs - was a mere continuation. As I also said, he's taken you exactly where you should be. Actually getting into a European competition would be an achievement. I think Craig Brown managed it, or was it Mark McGhee?

I think you'll find we were hardly rag-dolled but lost 2-1 by Kazakhs in Almaty in Central Asia, then we drew and very narrowly missed out on the win in Europe at Pittodrie. Is this what's confusing you? Understandable, the worlds a very big place my little Dundee person.

I think you'll find we were hardly rag-dolled but lost 2-1 by Kazakhs in Almaty in Central Asia, then we drew and very narrowly missed out on the win in Europe at Pittodrie.

Yeah so I read, you won 135 minutes, right?

You absolutely rag dolled us 2-0 last week but I think you'll find we actually drew 0-0 in 45 minutes.

See how easy it is to twist it? You were fucking rag dolled. Everybody watching it seen you were lucky it wasn't 5.

Yeah so I read, you won 135 minutes, right?

You absolutely rag dolled us 2-0 last week but I think you'll find we actually drew 0-0 in 45 minutes.

See how easy it is to twist it? You were fucking rag dolled. Everybody watching it seen you were lucky it wasn't 5.

Like I say for 45 minutes they did destroy us. We then settled into it and it was very even for the remainder.

I wouldn't be calling a Europa qualifier being in Europe. I've already said this.

I WOULDN'T CALL PLAYING IN A QUALIFYING ROUND, PLAYING IN EUROPE.

I've wrote it twice and capitalised the second for your benefit here, I hope I don't have to go over this again.

Seriously, this comment. What the f**k.

You're on the wind up mate so I'm not going to explain it to you.

Like I say for 45 minutes they did destroy us. We then settled into it and it was very even for the remainder.

By that logic Aberdeen destroyed us for 45 mins before a very even game 2nd half.

Using your logic surely Aberdeen fans can't claim to have destroyed Dundee last week?

Seriously, this comment. What the f**k.

What's so difficult to take in? I wouldn't call playing in a qualifier as playing in Europe. The same I never called playing in the Intertoto (a competition you paid to enter) as playing in Europe. They both could see you end up in the Europa (or the UEFA back then) and that's where I distinguish 'Europe' starts. It's really not that difficult.

Archived