Airdrieonians vs Dundee United - SCR4 9/1/2016

lionel hutz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the club newsletter sent in the 13th

"UNITED TIE LATEST

THE Club is in talks with Dundee United this week to finalise arrangements for the Scottish Cup fourth round crunch with Mixu Paatelainen’s Premiership backmarkers on Saturday January 9.

Details on admission or tickets for the game will be released on the Club website as soon as we have them."

09/01/15 Airdrieonians v Dundee United, Excelsior Stadium, William Hill Scottish Cup, 3pm

Admission to this game by paying at the cash turnstiles. United fans have been allocated the Main Stand sections A B and C.

The prices are as follows:-

Adults – £16
Concessions – £ 10 ( Over 60, Students, Disabled)
Parent & Child – £20
Under 16s – £7

Sensible Prices hopefully there's a good 3000 or so at the game

Sensible Prices hopefully there's a good 3000 or so at the game

'Senior' concessions at "over 60"; what if you're 60?

FWIW most concessions for Seniors start at 65 but I suppose given the life expectancy in Airdrie they would have to reduce it.

Would I be right in saying, this is from memory, the last time we beat Dundee United (2-1) in a cup tie was back in 1979? The 1st leg of the League Cup. United then beat us 2-0 at Tannadice.

We have played good few times in the Scottish Cup since then but I don't remember ever beating them.

Think this will be close because and a runaway victory for United.

I remember being at a cup tie vs Airdrie at Tannadice in the early to mid 90's, think we won 2-0. I mainly remember it because I was in the away end with a few Dundee supporting school mates while wearing Airdrie's horrendous away top which was some kind of psychedelic pink & orange effort.

I was going through a phase of buying weird football strips and picked this one up for about a fiver in Intersport. Any Airdrie fans know the top I'm on about?

I remember being at a cup tie vs Airdrie at Tannadice in the early to mid 90's, think we won 2-0. I mainly remember it because I was in the away end with a few Dundee supporting school mates while wearing Airdrie's horrendous away top which was some kind of psychedelic pink & orange effort.

I was going through a phase of buying weird football strips and picked this one up for about a fiver in Intersport. Any Airdrie fans know the top I'm on about?

f**k the football. Historical kits is where the interesting chat is.

The game you refer to would be the 1994 quarter final replay on our way to winning the cup.

I assume this is the one you are referring to which would have been the previous seasons away strip.post-43551-0-34112300-1451921042.jpg

f**k the football. Historical kits is where the interesting chat is.

The game you refer to would be the 1994 quarter final replay on our way to winning the cup.

I assume this is the one you are referring to which would have been the previous seasons away strip.attachicon.gifgifthumb.jpg

That's the one, what a sight to behold.

I seem to remember getting a cracking view of one of our goals from a throw-in down by the away fans, a rocket into the far corner from a Mr McLaren if memory serves

Highlights starts about 18 minutes in.

I was thinking of a different game/goal, vs Dunfermline in the league when I was again in the away end wearing the opposition shirt (quite cool that one, arguably... and I am a Utd fan honest).

30 secs in -

I was thinking of a different game/goal, vs Dunfermline in the league when I was again in the away end wearing the opposition shirt (quite cool that one, arguably... and I am a Utd fan honest).

30 secs in -

Different opposition,score, season and competition but I see where the confusion would come from.

Archived