Podcasts

Ludo*1

On 24/05/2018 at 04:48, NotThePars said:

People are making millions from donations every year from playing Fortnite on Twitch. Turns out people will throw their money at any old shit.

On 04/06/2018 at 11:33, NotThePars said:

2FD4087D-D43A-4CEB-B583-CA8291286ED7-1062-000000701CC5C774.jpg

Jordan Peterson fans bragging about his intelligence while he’s doing this to stay relevant.

Alright m8, we get it, you're not a massive fan of his work, but if you could do something to disprove his intelligence other than bizarre rants about computer games and photoshoots, that would be swell. 

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Alright m8, we get it, you're not a massive fan of his work, but if you could do something to disprove his intelligence other than bizarre rants about computer games and photoshoots, that would be swell. 

He's a con man getting a million dollars a year in donations for telling VL's to tidy their rooms. Nothing he says is provable or disprovable as it's all vague mystical nonsense so when he's called out on some shite he came out with, he calls it a hit job and that's not what he meant. He uses a load of words that give the illusion of intelligence to say the sum total of bugger all. And he's a weirdo.

https://www.ft.com/content/7d2e6802-6040-11e8-ad91-e01af256df68

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's a con man getting a million dollars a year in donations for telling VL's to tidy their rooms. Nothing he says is provable or disprovable as it's all vague mystical nonsense so when he's called out on some shite he came out with, he calls it a hit job and that's not what he meant. And he's a weirdo.

I won't dispute any of that but again, none of that disproves his intelligence. 

f**k, I'm beginning to bore myself now. I'm offski. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Virgin lips I think. A P+B term for someone who's never been kissed. Perhaps an incel in modern day parlance. 

I fully assumed it would be something I could've worked out and would face palm when someone pointed it out. No chance. Wouldn't have got that in a million years.

Much obliged, sir.

I’m busy just now but this is a good summarisation of his latest book looking at how his claims to eternal truths are a fraud and his very obvious debt to Jung among other things. His apparent misunderstanding of what the author meant by “romancing the noble savage” kinda suggests our man isn’t as well read as he claims to be either.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/

I don’t think the 12 rules he lists in his book are particularly notable either. They’re basic psychology, which you should expect from his actual vocation, but tied to insane social-Darwinism that’s completely discredited by its political application in the first half of the twentieth century. His complete ignorance of of the Enlightenment, that he purports to be the heir of, and it’s challenges to the existence of a religiously ordained hierarchy of beings doesn’t really help his arguments either. Regarding his comparison of humans to lobsters someone made the point that the fact we’ve created civilisations means we probably shouldn’t be looking at the food we eat for inspiration on how we order our society.

Another decent enough article although I’m not as fussed on the source. They’re correct in that his work is littered with contradictions, bad pop-psychology, irrationalism and cribbing from other discredited philosophers.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/02/jordan-peterson-enlightenment-nietzsche-alt-right

Mark Steel closes out this season of RHLSTP. I think I confuse Mark Steel with someone I don’t like so when I see him, I instinctively react negatively to him. On the podcast when I can’t see him, he’s very funny indeed. 

No more RHLSTP until September. Piss cakes. 

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

About half way into the latest Adam Buxton one with Tim Key. It could be an episode of Toast, listening to the trials and tribulations of a luvvie not remembering a line. I’m sure it will pick up...

Sad to say I gave up on that one at that point about 12 minutes in. The echoy acoustics didn't help. 

3 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

I have seen this written several times now but I am at a loss as to what it means.

Can you assist by explaining it?

Involuntary Celibate, AFAIK.

Basically the male version of female feminists who can't get laid. So they become a Feminist, or in this case an 'Incel'.

Edited by banana

Just now, rodallegabombs said:

I have seen this written several times now but I am at a loss as to what it means.
Can you assist by explaining it?

It's label spotty American teenagers and older who can't get their hole use to describe themselves. Short for involuntarily celibate. Connected to the alt right movement. Some of them think girls should be forced to have sex with them and their heroes like shooting people. 

On 6/6/2018 at 20:08, welshbairn said:

He's a con man getting a million dollars a year in donations for telling VL's to tidy their rooms. Nothing he says is provable or disprovable as it's all vague mystical nonsense so when he's called out on some shite he came out with, he calls it a hit job and that's not what he meant. He uses a load of words that give the illusion of intelligence to say the sum total of bugger all. And he's a weirdo.

19 hours ago, banana said:

The Jacobin Magazine hit piece :lol: Here's was me thinking your avatar was intended to be ironic... 

:lol: