Podcasts

Ludo*1

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in this thread but the New York Times podcast “caliphate” about the Islamic State is pretty fascinating. 

The host Rukmini Callimachi writes some pretty incredible articles about IS and is a bit of an expert from what I’ve seen. Very enjoyable podcast in a morbid kind of way. 

3 hours ago, yoda said:

giphy.gif

I've only recently heard of the guy and as much as he's obviously a divisive character with some questionable viewpoints, I don't think you can question his intelligence. Not many thick c***s are raking in $500k per year on donations alone. 

Athletico Mince really is genius. Absolute Genius.

gangs of the EPL, Peter Beardsley and the new Mick McCarthy song [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b*****d

7 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Athletico Mince really is genius. Absolute Genius.

gangs of the EPL, Peter Beardsley and the new Mick McCarthy song emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

b*****d

“Ya fookin doyle.”

The PB stuff is the funniest thing Bob has ever done. 

On 23/05/2018 at 20:55, Dee Man said:

I've only recently heard of the guy and as much as he's obviously a divisive character with some questionable viewpoints, I don't think you can question his intelligence. Not many thick c***s are raking in $500k per year on donations alone. 

You only have to be more intelligent than the people donating the money.

On 5/23/2018 at 03:30, Dee Man said:

For an intelligent guy, why does Peterson keep making biblical references?

On 5/23/2018 at 16:59, yoda said:

giphy.gif

Dr Peterson has more academic citations than you have internet forum reputation points, son.

On 5/23/2018 at 16:59, yoda said:

Cannot recommend Slate's "Slow Burn" enough.

Yet recommending Slate :lol:

i_meter5.gif

Edited by banana

15 hours ago, banana said:

Dr Peterson has more academic citations than you have internet forum reputation points, son.

An incredible achievement, one that I’m sure he takes pride in.

He was, clearly, at some point a respected research psychologist. I won’t argue against that. But he’s shown himself up to be a clueless oddball over the past few years with his “culture warrior” shtick and dragon nonsense.

Fair play though, he’s found a market for his drivel in young men lacking in basic social skills.

Edited by yoda

55 minutes ago, yoda said:

An incredible achievement, one that I’m sure he takes pride in.

He was, clearly, at some point a respected research psychologist. I won’t argue against that. But he’s shown himself up to be a clueless oddball over the past few years with his “culture warrior” shtick and dragon nonsense.

OK, so we've established he is in fact very intelligent.

'Oddball' is a matter of perspective of norms, so I'll grant that he can appear that way from folk attached to certain contexts, and he's absolutely a let's say nerd.

'Clueless' is beyond absurd, compared to who? Some specifics examples with reasoning? He's educated, researched and taught in general psychology, clinical psychology, alcohol addiction, personality traits, belief systems, and well read beyond these. He's had a clinical psychology practice for 25 years along side his academic tenures. He has a successful life-retrospective/planning business. He's shared the interview room and stage with numerous other thinkers and practitioners in his and related fields.

Edited by banana

50 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I tried to listen to yesterday's football ramble, but it wouldn't let me, stating that it could only be listened to via Acast? Does anybody else have this issue?

Nope listened as normal today.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

Nope listened as normal today.

Weird; might be something to do with my app. I'm on podcast republic. It was a 10 second soundbite on it being one of the exclusive podcasts that would be played through a different app.

I probably should go hunting for a better app, because when I have a backlog of podcasts to download it takes bloody ages to load them all up at once. Probably because I can't be arsed re-downloading my current backload of 400 podcasts.:lol: