Stenny v Stranraer

I'll need to see the highlights but Stuart Malcolm must surely be one of the worst captains I've ever seen at the Warriors. I can't fathom why a defender who performed well at Forfar Athletic last year looks like a junior player completely out of his depth this time around. He's a faux hard man, someone happy enough to point and shout at others but he's got nothing to back it up. An imposter. Other than the fact he captains the team, I cannot think of a single reason to keep him in the starting XI. Bomber needs to have a long, hard think about how he handles this because we're getting killed week in, week out.

I was quite surprised when we played Forfar in the play-offs that their fans seemed to regard Malcolm as a solid defender. When we signed him back in 2006 Ross County fans warned us he was rubbish. They were right. He then got punted by Montrose and headed off to Ireland. It would seem that he went on to do better for Arbroath and Forfar after coming back to Scotland, older and wiser perhaps, but I'd say that he has been a bit of a bombscare for the majority of his career.

Caught the highlights on the Stenhousemuir website. Stranraer were absolutely ruthless and the way they tore threw the Warriors in those four second-half minutes is pretty incredible but my goodness, it was so easy for them. The equaliser was a lovely finish but the second and third goals came about through shocking defending. Look at the way the Jobber gets pegged at the third.

Highlight of the whole thing was Stuart Malcolm's assist for the fourth. I burst out laughing. What else can you do?

Have just watched the highlights and they fail to show a lot of chances that Stranraer had. As far as i am concerned goals 1, 2 and 4 are down to Malcolm,. He must be dropped for tonight, this was no one off he is doing this on a regular basis. If the manager plays him then he is exposing himself as a weak individual.

was the camera next to the Stranraer bench, seemed to be giving us a running commentary

could have been different if Stenhousemuir number 2 had taken the 2 chances he had before half time

Your Keeper was made man of the match in the papers and he lost 5 says it all really.

Archived