Stenny v Stranraer

Fingers crossed we can get something out of the game but wouldn't stick my mortgage on it. Longworth back in from the start has to be a good thing and pleased Keenan hasn't found his way back into team. Although young inexperienced goalkeeper in behind a defence that's hardly been convincing of late could spell trouble. Also still not convinced we have the required guile or athleticism in the key midfield area. Stenhousemuir won't be great but I would still have them as slight favourites to win.

Brilliant result and presumably a brilliant performance from Stranraer today. Credit where its due for producing the goods when under pressure. Brian Reid will be rightly delighted tonight but needs to ensure its not just a flash in the pan. Could be a platform to build on - not going to reverse my opinion on manager purely because of one result but delighted for the players who have had a tough season. Nice wee xmas present!

Congratulations to Stranraer for playing some decent attacking football. We were a disgrace and Captain Chaos Malcolm should be punted. How that can be captain and put in piss poor performances week after week is incredible.

There was only going to be one winner today and that was Stranraer, a few of our players need to take a serious look at themselves. As for the manager he needs to punt Malcolm and bring the subs on in a more timely manner. We should have made the changes at half time not with 20 odd minutes to go. Really disappointing especial;ly for everyone that made the effort to attend in appalling conditions.

I see McGurn did not play today for Stranraer, I have a suspicion he is being recalled by the Rovers. How has he done for you guys?

General impression for me is that he's a classy keeper whose saved a lot of 'well beatens' from turning into total routs.

Expect someone who's been there and seen more than I will be along shortly.

'Mon the Blues.... Wooooooo, Hah.

Mostly excellent. Told that flu was the reason he didn't feature today.

Fair enough, could be me putting two and two together and getting five. We will see. Good to hear he has done well though, great keeper whose part time status has unfortunately went against him with the new gaffer at us.

Great result and great performance. For a change we didn't fold after we fell behind (against the run of play for the second week in a row). Great display from Malky who bagged a hat-trick, in spite of reports in some of the media, and from Cairney who followed up a solid display at Brechin with another today. For once there were no failures on the day and we might have won by more. Good to see Sam McCloskey getting his start and scoring a cracker, and to see young Currie in goals. Much more of the same required though!

Couldn't make today's game because I had to spend it with family in Kilmarnock but that's a hugely disappointing result. We deserved something from the matches against Albion Rovers and Dunfermline Athletic and to get hammered at home, conceding three goals in four minutes in the process, is unacceptable. I had a weird feeling about the match - it's such a Stenhousemuir thing to lose to a side who have achieved one win in their last nine games - and so it proved.

I'll need to see the highlights but Stuart Malcolm must surely be one of the worst captains I've ever seen at the Warriors. I can't fathom why a defender who performed well at Forfar Athletic last year looks like a junior player completely out of his depth this time around. He's a faux hard man, someone happy enough to point and shout at others but he's got nothing to back it up. An imposter. Other than the fact he captains the team, I cannot think of a single reason to keep him in the starting XI. Bomber needs to have a long, hard think about how he handles this because we're getting killed week in, week out.

I look forward to reports on today's match from other Stenny fans but I can understand why they wouldn't bother.

Roll on Airdrie.

Couldn't make today's game because I had to spend it with family in Kilmarnock but that's a hugely disappointing result. We deserved something from the matches against Albion Rovers and Dunfermline Athletic and to get hammered at home, conceding three goals in four minutes in the process, is unacceptable. I had a weird feeling about the match - it's such a Stenhousemuir thing to lose to a side who have achieved one win in their last nine games - and so it proved.

I'll need to see the highlights but Stuart Malcolm must surely be one of the worst captains I've ever seen at the Warriors. I can't fathom why a defender who performed well at Forfar Athletic last year looks like a junior player completely out of his depth this time around. He's a faux hard man, someone happy enough to point and shout at others but he's got nothing to back it up. An imposter. Other than the fact he captains the team, I cannot think of a single reason to keep him in the starting XI. Bomber needs to have a long, hard think about how he handles this because we're getting killed week in, week out.

I look forward to reports on today's match from other Stenny fans but I can understand why they wouldn't bother.

Roll on Airdrie.

Team was shite. Gould and Meechan were the only decent players. Same old stuff.

Archived