Grim O'Grady

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

& what a cracker eh.

Spartans v Ed City

Aindlie Park

Ko 3pm

Spartans looking to reel in the points from the so-far League leaders.

I can't imagine it being a massive goal fest. City will no doubt play v defensive, like they did at theirs last year. What we need to make this more entertaining is for us to score early doors. Thing is we've got the strike force well capable of doing that & a terrific midfield that will cause City a lot of problems.

Defensively what great news to hear that Csptain Big Mac is back available.

I can see us going on a massive run of wins, just need to get this one under our belts.

Also don't think I'm letting anything out of the bag here but the buzz around the stand is of a massive new striker being signed. Not sure about the rumour about him being Greek is true but we'll find out soon enough.

Don't forget you heard it here 1st, whoosh!

See you down AP tomorrow. & if anyone is going on the P&B the Walk Crawl then wait for me to come down from my ivory tower & we'll go together.

Grimbo

You were close Grimbo ... :lol:

When we getting these highlights then?

Mantis, patience is a virtue my Rosewellington friend. I'm still editing going through the 2nd 1/2 footage. Just captured the 2nd penalty.

Will be quite some time yet, then once I've done the film editing I need to sort out a suitable soundtrack. Any suggestions?

Grimbo

Mantis, patience is a virtue my Rosewellington friend. I'm still editing going through the 2nd 1/2 footage. Just captured the 2nd penalty.

Will be quite some time yet, then once I've done the film editing I need to sort out a suitable soundtrack. Any suggestions?

Grimbo

Was also at Ainslie Park yesterday.

Have a lot of sympathy for Spartans, the 10 minutes of madness may never have happened had the referee got the decision right in the lead up to the 1st penalty. Its a clear foul on the spartans defender by Ousman See but the ref plays on and See is subsequently brought down by the keeper. The 2nd red card for the foul on Ross Allum in my opinion is also harsh. There is no "last man" rule in football! fans need to start understanding that. The rule is "HAS A CLEAR GOALSCORING OPPORTUNITY BEEN DENIED", IMO i dont think so but would need to see it again.

City would be very wise to start practising penalty kicks, cost them in the play offs last season, cost them against Queens Park in the Petrofrac and they miss 3 in one game.

Grimbo

Grim,

Any chance of getting the highlights without the music.

I watch a lot of the videos on P&B (mainly Juniors as there tends to be more) and hearing the game adds to the video experience rather than the music.

Sadly I've got to admit I either turn off when the music starts on your videos or skip thru parts of it as it ruins it.

@its all about opinions mate and thats mine only.

Keep up the good work though as videoing the game is a great thing you do and voluntary.

Should probably wait on the highlights, but here goes...

Folks need to remember City were two goals down and got it back to 2-2 when there was a full complement of Spartans on the pitch. The nonsense that happened thereafter was ill discipline on the part of the home team who took umbridge at being pegged back. The first red card was stupid, a young player who lost the rag committing two bad fouls in no time after the equaliser, showing his inexperience. The second was nothing malicious although was a penalty and a red card from where I was standing. The third red card was it Brown? Whoever it was should be ashamed this morning, the foul was a penalty but that's not what he got the red card for. He had a kick at City forward's back/neck as he lay on the ground afterwards and got his marching orders for that.

I agree praising the remaining 8 for defending resolutely but if I were a Spartans fan instead of lambasting the ref I'd be livid they threw away a two goal lead in a game they needed to win because the red mist descended. For me Samuels despite bringing in a bunch of 'on paper' good players is still struggling to realise he is not at the Uni anymore and it's about a bit more than physicality and defensive tactics, a trademark of his teams there. He like his counterpart at EK need to start accepting that this is a very good City team, who are very capable of entertaining displays as well as churning out results when not on the top of their game.

It's nice to have one over on your rivals and I'll enjoy it for now, god knows the roles were reversed for long enough when Mickey was down at Spartans.

As for City between now and the end of the season at the end of every training session I'd be practising penalties! Apart from the penalties have to agree with one of the earlier posts Ross Allum was outstanding yesterday. Been posted missing in a few Spartans games before but showed his true ability yesterday coupled with a fantastic work rate throughout.

Gala v Selkirk

Best crowd I have seen at Gala for a while outwith a Scottish cup game and Selkirk were also the worst team I have seen at Gala for while!

3 1 was extremely flattering for Selkirk as Noble and Gibson could have and should have at least both been on hat tricks for Gala!

Grim,

Any chance of getting the highlights without the music.

I watch a lot of the videos on P&B (mainly Juniors as there tends to be more) and hearing the game adds to the video experience rather than the music.

Sadly I've got to admit I either turn off when the music starts on your videos or skip thru parts of it as it ruins it.

@its all about opinions mate and thats mine only.

Keep up the good work though as videoing the game is a great thing you do and voluntary.

Not sure what you mean by hearing the game Wee Dunc? If you mean the between bench banter then fair enough but there's sometimes slanging matches that I as God don't feel your delicate ears need to hear. Secondly I get to drown out most of my biased shouts that also I like to keep out off air.. If I had the time & software that Kikby use & a willing match commentator I'd do that but I ain't. So the choice is yours, mute/fast forward/off.

God likes music.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Grimbo

Not sure what you mean by hearing the game Wee Dunc? If you mean the between bench banter then fair enough but there's sometimes slanging matches that I as God don't feel your delicate ears need to hear. Secondly I get to drown out most of my biased shouts that also I like to keep out off air.. If I had the time & software that Kikby use & a willing match commentator I'd do that but I ain't. So the choice is yours, mute/fast forward/off.

God likes music.

Grimbo

That's all very nice but time you could have used to get the highlights up.

God likes music.

Grimbo

I think he just means the famous Spartan Army or is it Platoon?

Grimbo

Sky sports used to have the liverpool newcastle game as its best ever but think they may have replaced it with the city qpr game due to its significance. If there was such a thing in the lowland league would this game have been it?

I know most folk will have their own favourites based on great performances for their own team but for the neutral, would this be the best game of the Lowland Leagues first three seasons?

Gala v Selkirk

Best crowd I have seen at Gala for a while outwith a Scottish cup game and Selkirk were also the worst team I have seen at Gala for while!

3 1 was extremely flattering for Selkirk as Noble and Gibson could have and should have at least both been on hat tricks for Gala!

According to the Border Telegraph there were over 300 at the game...must be one of the biggest crowds for a Lowland League game anywhere this season?

http://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/14178894.It_s_Miller_time_as_Gala_beat_Selkirk_in_thrilling_New_Year_derby/

It will be.

There were 530 at Spartans v Edinburgh City yesterday (what did EK v Cumbernauld Colts get - anyone?).

Also over 300 at Cumbernauld v Whitehill in August, and some good crowds on the previous derby card in October during the international break.

I'd imagine the Groundhop will deliver some very good crowds, too.

Archived