Week 17

lichtie23

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just every single year. It wouldn't be half as bad if we got beat last week and won this week but we had to build up some hope before spectacularly crushing our dreams.

I think I'm most upset with Darrelle Revis.

It's just every single year. It wouldn't be half as bad if we got beat last week and won this week but we had to build up some hope before spectacularly crushing our dreams.

I think I'm most upset with Darrelle Revis.

More than Fitzpatrick?

The most annoying thing for me is that the team effort and confidence was excellent last week against the Pats. This week it's as if the whole team froze. No doubt Ivory was playing injured which forced the offence into a heavily pass based approach from the start which wasn't great, but so many players just didn't perform on the day.

So many on the jets forums have been blaming Fitz, but we wouldn't even had been in this position without his gritty play this year. If blame goes anywhere it has to be with the much lauded defence. Revis was very bad, but the decision not to double up on Watkins (their only real threat) was madness.

Anyway the good news is that the off season is so long in NFL there's loads of time before we get put through it all again.

More than Fitzpatrick?

You expect it from Fitz. He was due a poor game. Revis is a potential HoF'er and was scared of being beaten on a double move by Sammy fucking Watkins. In both games against Buffalo, he was content with letting them get a first down if it meant he didn't get burned for a long TD (he directly affected the end of the game earlier in the year when he didn't protect the sticks on 3rd down). Selfish and only caring about his stats. Lucky he picked up a fumble that had nothing to do with him - that will give him more leverage in his next contract negotiation.

Tbf to Fitzy he only had two targets all day. Thompkins and Enunwa are mince, Powell was missing which is his check down option (I actually think we missed him massively) and obviously Ivory was banged up, which leaves us with 3 players on offense. Not including Mangold I suppose. We need a decent TE IMO. And another decent LB.

Tbf to Fitzy he only had two targets all day. Thompkins and Enunwa are mince, Powell was missing which is his check down option (I actually think we missed him massively) and obviously Ivory was banged up, which leaves us with 3 players on offense. Not including Mangold I suppose. We need a decent TE IMO. And another decent LB.

LB and elite pass rusher for sure on defense and a young LT to replace Brick. Aaron Rodgers would be nice too. Hell, I'll settle for Drew Brees.

Archived