Arbroath vs Elgin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you sound happy with the result,take another look at the table and Lumsdens record since taking over at Arbroath,he went into this game expecting a draw at best,no complaints on here at getting beat

I wasn't happy with the result. I was happy with the performance though. You can't win them all, I'm happy as long as we are playing well and looking like a team.

Wind your neck in.

Its nothing to do with who YOU think is better than who, its about a team starting to gel and regular players interacting with each other

Defeat wasn't caused by Reid being dropped it was failures at the right back area. Elgin winger in acres of room for the first and non existent marking for the second. Can't comment on the penalty incident as couldn't see it properly. We were a bit unlucky that the wind dissappeared when 2 1 up but overall a good game to watch. And yes gutted that we lost it.

Speckyboy has now jumped the shark, I'm afraid. It must be a parody account.

In short, we were a bit lucky to go in at half-time level as Elgin were comfortably better for large parts of the first half.

Second half we were doing quite well but the penalty incident really affected our momentum and mentality.

The marking for the first goal was poor, shambolic for the third.

Rutherford was excellent again. The work rate has always been there but he's now showing a bit more technical ability and is playing the lone striker role really well. Brilliant assist and an important goal which can hopefully be the start of a run.

The team look quite settled now with few teams dominating us and individual mistakes are costing us rather than being totally outplayed. The one glaring problem is that no.10 role. We've tried Reid and Gold there now and it's not really worked. If we could get Andy Ryan signed up, that would be huge as Elgin showed yesterday, a good no.10 can make the difference. As frustrating as Easton is with his diving, I'd give my right arm for a player like that.

Speckyboy has now jumped the shark, I'm afraid. It must be a parody account.

In short, we were a bit lucky to go in at half-time level as Elgin were comfortably better for large parts of the first half.

Second half we were doing quite well but the penalty incident really affected our momentum and mentality.

The marking for the first goal was poor, shambolic for the third.

Rutherford was excellent again. The work rate has always been there but he's now showing a bit more technical ability and is playing the lone striker role really well. Brilliant assist and an important goal which can hopefully be the start of a run.

The team look quite settled now with few teams dominating us and individual mistakes are costing us rather than being totally outplayed. The one glaring problem is that no.10 role. We've tried Reid and Gold there now and it's not really worked. If we could get Andy Ryan signed up, that would be huge as Elgin showed yesterday, a good no.10 can make the difference. As frustrating as Easton is with his diving, I'd give my right arm for a player like that.

So you have more or less stated that the defending needs to be looked at

Its was the right call for the penalty decision. Probably one of the only things the ref did correctly in this game was listen to the advice of his assistant. Very rarely do we see an assistant make a decision in instances like this

Only problem was it was against us not for us.......damn.

Its was the right call for the penalty decision. Probably one of the only things the ref did correctly in this game was listen to the advice of his assistant. Very rarely do we see an assistant make a decision in instances like this

Only problem was it was against us not for us.......damn.

Looking at the footage, it is inside the box but it looks like a dive.

I think the ref might be originally giving the free-kick for the little trip that happened 3 or 4 steps before Easton got into the box.

Looking at the footage, it is inside the box but it looks like a dive.

I think the ref might be originally giving the free-kick for the little trip that happened 3 or 4 steps before Easton got into the box.

​not sure Ricky Little thought it was a foul, his reaction suggested to me he thought the forward dived

Archived