Scotland vs Denmark- 29th March

Guest DAVIDB69

Is Maloney just not getting a game for Hull, then? The only time I noticed his name was in the FA Cup when they played their reserves against Arsenal, and he played as a central midfielder.

Doesn't play much for them now think he will be leaving them in the summer

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it gives him a run-out to allow him to get to full fitness before the end of the season it will be worth it.

He is still one of Scotland's most creative players.

Eh? We've not got a competitive game for six months, getting him fit now is of absolutely no benefit to us. I'd far, far, rather see what Russell could do than have a half fit, gameless, 33 year old who we all know inside out being involved

Eh? We've not got a competitive game for six months, getting him fit now is of absolutely no benefit to us. I'd far, far, rather see what Russell could do than have a half fit, gameless, 33 year old who we all know inside out being involved

Its more of a case really of ensuring he hits full fitness before end of the season, by doing so it enables Hulls chances of getting in to the premier league allowing us to have a player playing in a top league which prepares him more for international football.

I can understand why people would want to see how another player might handle the international scene but there is benefits to both selections.

Guest DAVIDB69

Its more of a case really of ensuring he hits full fitness before end of the season, by doing so it enables Hulls chances of getting in to the premier league allowing us to have a player playing in a top league which prepares him more for international football.

I can understand why people would want to see how another player might handle the international scene but there is benefits to both selections.

If hull get promoted he is unlikely to be involved much I suspect he will be allowed to find another club doubt he will be part of any premier league campaign

He's getting punted from Hull in the Summer, and will likely play a minor part for the rest of the season, theres absolutely no benefit to playing him.

Guest DAVIDB69

He's getting punted from Hull in the Summer, and will likely play a minor part for the rest of the season, theres absolutely no benefit to playing him.

Yes he will be going further down the leagues or back up here next would imagine

McGregor

Hutton Martin Greer Robertson

Fletcher Bannan

?  Morrison Anya

Fletcher S

Is our best line up.  Right-attack-midfield is the only position I'm unsure about: 

It's between one of these three.

Matt Phillips

Robert Snodgrass

James Forrest

Snodgrass imo, excellent player. And Hanley instead of Greer, much better player.

McGregor

Hutton Martin Greer Robertson

Fletcher Bannan

? Morrison Anya

Fletcher S

Is our best line up. Right-attack-midfield is the only position I'm unsure about:

It's between one of these three.

Matt Phillips

Robert Snodgrass

James Forrest

I think only Forrest of those three is in the squad to face Denmark

ETA: Ritchie is in the squad too, Hutton isn't, so I expect Anya at RB, Forrest on left wing and Ritchie on right wing.

That's a very interesting formation, though slightly exposed down the flanks.

Hardly both Murphy and Ritchie are both good players , with great ability to get past defenders and score!

Strachan annoys me in general, some of the rubbish he spouts is just laughable but, other than this obsession with favouring players who don't play at club level or in form, is his penchant for moaning about the lack of "stars" we have as a nation and how every other nation seems to have at least one except us. Now, I am not that stupid, it could just be a classic managerial trick to motivate the team but I keep hearing him say the same thing more often than not that I am starting to wonder if there is more to it. All I see and hear is oh this team has a bale, this team has that, oh Sweden only qualified because they had a Zlatan etc etc etc. Yes he is maybe pointing out the obvious but any chance of him STFU and focussing on making us better or maybe trying to unearth this "star" he so badly craves?

The problem is, and I am terrible for this, as a nation we are predominantly a glass half empty nation, IMO anyway.We cant stand anyone who is different or who does better than us so we try and drum that out of anyone at an early age, that is one of the biggest reasons we haven't come anywhere near to producing a World Class talent because we don't like to encourage, at a national coaching level, individualism and the like. Until we change that sort of culture and manage to nurture creative and natural talent in the right way then we will not see much more improvement.

That said, despite getting annoyed at seeing rubbish like Greer, Whittaker and Brown in the team tomorrow I still believe we will get another win.

The only way you can assess fringe players properly is by introducing a few of them at a time into the established squad. It's as though people are wanting 11 new players tried out for these games. With regards to Maloney, he was important in the last campaign but has recently missed games. Maybe Strachan wants to assess Maloney on where he is at this stage of his career. FWIW I think Maloney still has a part to play, possibly off the bench if a bit of skill is needed to break the deadlock.

Archived