Dumbarton v Queens

I dont recall us looking especially bad in the first touch last week. In fact I may be in a minority of one but I didnt think we "played" that badly. The two goals were both poorly defended and we constantly made bad choices or poor execution in the final third but I thought the play generally was ok.

However, to answer your question, no we dont train on grass. Broadwood is 3G and if it is unavailable for any reason we usually use Toryglen, Ravenscraig, Stenhousemuir or Palmerston, all of which are also 3G. We havent trained on grass since we left Glasgow Green 3 years ago. Well apart from at La Manga anyway.

That's really interesting thanks.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably :lol:

I hadnt really thought of a diamond before I posted that, but I think it has potential. Either Jacobs or Hutton could sit in front of the back four, Millar at the other end and Murdoch and the other of Jacobs or Hutton. You'd also have the option of playing Harris off the front two.

Maybe we've gotten onto something. Let's hope Fowler goes for it.

On watching the match highlights I agree with SD with the fact that Queens missed some good chances but so too did Dumbarton. Two errors for the goals, with Russell going down rather tamely leading to the first goal but Queens should have played to the whistle and Higgins jumping into Marshall going for the same ball leading to the second goal. Queens just weren't clinical enough.

On the playing surface. I remember that Scottish cup game at home to Albion rovers was called off around 12 times in the late 80s/early 90s I think it held the record at the time for most postponed single match. Now that was a piss poor pitch.

Today's pitch is like a bowling green in comparison. The frost is always going to be a bit of a problem due to location of the ground e.g not enough sun due to Dumbarton Rock.

I'm pretty sure Inverness Thistle v Falkirk circa 1977 still comfortably holds that record at around 20 postponements.

Expect abuse for this post but it's not been that cold over past couple of days and don't understand why this is doubt at this stage.

Have we done enough to get this on or do we want it off till squad is complete.

I accept that forecast of -4 tonight might make my suggestion meaningless . Seems today we had lots of plans that didn't come to anything.

Not that cold?! You fucking noising me up? My heating was off for a few days this week while an engineer fixed a gas leak and I had to convince my son that we were "playing at being penguins". The whole of my street is frosted over!

Tinfoil hat nonsense.

The game WOULD have been on at palmerston⚽

I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a severe frost before a game at Palmerston since we got the plastic pitch. I remember we had a game off at Alloa a few years ago, so it isn't like it is impossible for a plastic pitch to freeze. So what are the provisions to prevent it from freezing and what is the lowest temperature that it can "survive"?

I remember we had a game off at Alloa a few years ago, so it isn't like it is impossible for a plastic pitch to freeze. So what are the provisions to prevent it from freezing and what is the lowest temperature that it can "survive"?

That game should have been on, the officials made the wrong call. If I remember correctly didn't both teams train on the pitch after the postponement?

Archived