Dumbarton v Queens

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that we're able to field a stronger starting 11 than started the game last week, any suggestion we didn't want this game on is insane. That's before you even consider the loss in revenue. A more logical conspiracy theory would be that Queens officials have been sneaking onto our pitch and pouring bucket loads of water on it suring the night. But again, we'd still be calling for the men in white jackets.

That game should have been on, the officials made the wrong call. If I remember correctly didn't both teams train on the pitch after the postponement?

You could be right, but I'd still be interested in the answers to the questions.

I'm not.The weather's made it an inevitable decision - I'm sure it's the right one and it's nobody's fault.It's disappointing though to have a blank weekend.

Ah 'blank weekends', if ever there was a title for my biography, that would be it.

Given that we're able to field a stronger starting 11 than started the game last week, any suggestion we didn't want this game on is insane. That's before you even consider the loss in revenue. A more logical conspiracy theory would be that Queens officials have been sneaking onto our pitch and pouring bucket loads of water on it suring the night. But again, we'd still be calling for the men in white jackets.

I don't think any of our fans have made that claim have we?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a severe frost before a game at Palmerston since we got the plastic pitch. I remember we had a game off at Alloa a few years ago, so it isn't like it is impossible for a plastic pitch to freeze. So what are the provisions to prevent it from freezing and what is the lowest temperature that it can "survive"?

We havent had a severe frost since we went 3G but it can cope to about -4C and it just needs salted to keep it playable to that temperature. We have a stock of the appropriate kind of salt for such needs. Not much doubt the game would have been on at Palmerston and the Heston game is on there this afternoon.

We havent had a severe frost since we went 3G but it can cope to about -4C and it just needs salted to keep it playable to that temperature. We have a stock of the appropriate kind of salt for such needs. Not much doubt the game would have been on at Palmerston and the Heston game is on there this afternoon.

People are saying that the Heston game is off.

Good to know although Supersouth is saying the Heston game is off.

The snow is now whoring it down so even if the pitch hadn't been frozen the game probably wouldn't have survived.

Aye, then you get the scenario where even if the pitch is playable, the game isn't allowed to go ahead by the polis due to the elf'n'safety issues 'around the ground' due to the snow.

I'm not.The weather's made it an inevitable decision - I'm sure it's the right one and it's nobody's fault.It's disappointing though to have a blank weekend.

was due to travel up for this however thanks to the ongoing updates from p&b posters changed plans and going to away game at Raith. Would of been expensive trip from south wales for nothing.

Good to know although Supersouth is saying the Heston game is off.

Could be. Its snowing quite heavily now and I guess they probably didnt use the salt fora Heston game as its ours & quite expensive. Pretty comfortable that a Queens game would have been on though. Annan is still on

I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a severe frost before a game at Palmerston since we got the plastic pitch. I remember we had a game off at Alloa a few years ago, so it isn't like it is impossible for a plastic pitch to freeze. So what are the provisions to prevent it from freezing and what is the lowest temperature that it can "survive"?

Alloa were very pissed off that day, the club were sure the park was ok but the ref disagreed. It went ahead in colder conditions a few days later.

Archived