Fifth Round Draw

Was thinking that in work today. Nearest professional team's ground is NDP. Imagine that conversation: "Hey Accies, EK here. Mind if we use your stadium in the Scottish Cup, know, seeing as you've a free weekend after getting pumped out off Annan? Cheers lads!" :lol:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Celtic will definitely have to play the saturday as they meet dundee the following Tuesday then Dundee meet St Johnstone the following friday

If clubs can't host teams at their ground then they shouldn't be allowed into the competition.

I don't think it's a matter of 'can't'. For a wee team it has to be a balance between making money or hoping for glory in their own midden. I'd go for money - as long as tax is duly paid ;)

It has been improved since then - it's now enclosed for starters, otherwise they wouldn't be licensed and wouldn't be in the cup.

They have accommodated capacity crowds and all-ticket games. I simply can't see them being allowed to host this, though, if they get past LTHV.

Really - like 400 folk?

Tbf, they let Harestanes play Girvan at Kilsyth Juniors earlier this season, albeit that was First Preliminary Round.

But regardless - if using a neutral venue they'll clearly just go to somewhere like Hamilton, Motherwell or Airdrie.

Sky will surely pick the Edinburgh Derby and **** - Killie.

Correct.

The Celtic game is down for the Sunday, but they're due to play us on the Tuesday. That can't move to the Wednesday because we play St Johnstone on the Friday.

They'd better not postpone our game just to accommodate Celtic on TV.

Edit: actually, they have - http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-fixture-changes/

Sorry, but that's a disgrace. BBC have second pick, so Saturday lunchtime was still available (Sky undoubtedly picked the Edinburgh derby first).

Also double standards at play. In 2006, Dundee were given the choice of either playing Thursday-Saturday, or not having a replay vs. Hamilton televised. Why weren't Celtic given the same choice if playing Saturday on TV was out of the question?

For once I think the correct 3 decisions have been made.

The last time the **** met Premiership opposition they were skelped and it was fucking hilarious so this may well turn out to be a good watch, it'll certainly be a lot more competitive than the **** v Cowden.

The EK/LTHV is such a unique tie, two non league teams at home to the biggest club in the country, it will be a walk in the park I imagine but it really does capture the romance of the cup, the pre match features will be much better than the game itself.

Hibs v Hertz, no explanation needed.

I'm just fed up of seeing the same teams on TV all the time in Scotland but, looking at the fixtures, nothing really jumps out. It would've been interesting to see how Annan do but they'll never put on two teams out with the Premiership unless it involves Sevco. However, it does annoy me that Dundee's match vs Celtic has to be moved again to accommodate them getting on TV.

Yeah, everyone wants to watch Annan v Morton. Record-breaking views type stuff right there.

I said it would've been interesting to see how they did; not that I wanted them to show it as I know no one could give a f**k about it. I'm simply interested to see how they do as I think they looked pretty good against us.

Archived