Robot Wars

Stephen Malkmus

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved it as a kid, although dampened by my Dad constantly reminding me "They're not robots, only remote control vehicles".

If in Glasgow I'll be happy to go full geek and go watch it live.

Needs Ray Von to do the commentary.

post-35456-14530490197139_thumb.jpg

We've had everyone's favourite roboteers but what's your favourite robot to have featured in the show?

Hypno-disc and panic attack were decent.

post-35456-1453049302719_thumb.jpg

post-35456-14530493771772_thumb.jpg

But it has to be chaos2 for me. I can remember the excitement when they would flip another robot out of the arena.

Theres talk that Razer would return, but would be "updated"

Razer's problem was reliability. It had a tendency to break down, or be knocked out by part of the drive train going when externally it was fine. Great conceptual design, shit engineering.

There was the one that had a little disc and could never get flipped called pussycat. Outside of Chaos 2, the Robot shaped like a giant cheese with a ridiculously powerful flipper was one of my favourites.

Anyone here get the Robot Wars Video game. Playing on oil rig and in a middle silo was the tits. Gutted my disc got scratched.

There was the one that had a little disc and could never get flipped called pussycat. Outside of Chaos 2, the Robot shaped like a giant cheese with a ridiculously powerful flipper was one of my favourites.

Anyone here get the Robot Wars Video game. Playing on oil rig and in a middle silo was the tits. Gutted my disc got scratched.

I had it but seem to remember it being quite hard. Expect them to start appearing on ebay for rip off prices though.

I had it but seem to remember it being quite hard. Expect them to start appearing on ebay for rip off prices though.

The trick was to use polycarbonate armour at the start. Anything stronger was too expensive and if you just used a wooden body shell you'd have no chance.

Or you could enter the cheat code JPEARCE and unlock everything plus get a load of cash

The trick was to use polycarbonate armour at the start. Anything stronger was too expensive and if you just used a wooden body shell you'd have no chance.

Or you could enter the cheat code JPEARCE and unlock everything plus get a load of cash

At the start it was utter gash. Smashing in the cheat code made it mad fun.

- Hypnodisc was the best one, and I hate Chaos 2 and that smug ginger p***k for preventing them from winning S3

- The video game was amazing. I still have a Game Boy Advance game but the PS2 one is long gone... good thing youtube exists

- Razer destroying Matilda was hilarious. Mainly because Pearce was devastated.

Archived