Hibernian v St Mirren

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes stokes, the best striker in the league.

On paper this looks brilliant.

Stokes was a goal machine for both Falkirk and Hibs in the old SPL.

I'm a great believer that you never lose it although he hasn't played much this season and I think from memory not much last season either?

The only nagging doubt in my mind here is Mr Riordan.

Hard not to Compare the 2.

Both played for the same 2 clubs and both were rated as top class around 7 years ago.

1 won't be touched and the other is showing the same petulant attitude that got Deek widely ignored.

It could honestly go either way for Stokes here.

It depends if he wants it or not.

Stokes was at Celtic for four and a half years, starting about 150 games. Not comparable to Riordan at all really.

I was more looking at attitude and ability.

Both followed a very ropey path although Stokes seems to be trying to not copy Riordan.

How have you lot been since the change of manager?

He's not played much in at least 6/7 months, doubt he'll start until mid February.

Rae has tried to shore up the defence and we've seen a slight improvement. The players he has are not good enough so we can't really judge the manager until he has his own team in place.

Our home form is embarrassing but we've did ok away from home, so you never know.

Would still expect a comfortable 2-0 Hibs victory in this right enough.

Henderson was brilliant in the game away at St Mirren so hopefully he gets a start in this one. I reckon it'll be pretty close to the team that finished the game against Failkirk. I also can't see Stokes starting but he'll definitely get on at some point.

How have St Mirren been since the change in manager?

A bit more resolute, playing with a shape now and players seem to understand their roles a bit better but we're still poor. Goodwin and Rocco Quinn in midfield should make us a bit better but I can't see where our creativity will come from. Shankland is on form, think he has poached 3 in 3 which is remarkable for us.

If Hibs score in the first 20 it should be a comfortable afternoon for you guys.

Hibs are a Premiership Club in the wrong League and they are going to win the Treble this Season, says Stubbs.

Naw they fucking urnae, says me.

What a fud the Hibees Manager is.

Archived