NEW TEAMS

Froggy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these teams jumping ship too early??

Have they won the top division yet within their association at present?

Saw alot of teams fold/struggle when going gets tough..not winning every week n getting it all their own way.

Thoughts?

St Pats a prime example. Always contenders in the majors whilst in the SAFL and now just also rans in the Central League.

Postal domninated SAFL then became also rans in The Central league also.

The grass isn't always greener.

can,t speak for Craigshill but can assure you Southside are an extremley well run club with great facilities that do not tolerate any nonsense, I personally know most of these lads and they would be a great addition to the central. Don,t know if the wee centre half has another year left in him though? What you think Matty

Another 4 minimum

St Pats a prime example. Always contenders in the majors whilst in the SAFL and now just also rans in the Central League.

Very good point crazy feet, apart from Greenock HSFP I can not think of one club that's made progress in the nationals/ district cups

when moving from the SAFL in fact I would say the majority have went backwards.

I do agree that the SAFL has been on the down ward spiral for a good few years now, yet there keep producing clubs that other leagues find attractive to have,so they must being doing something right.

Maybe its the format of straight forward promotion and relegation of 2 or 3 up / down so clubs find there right level to compete at.

Very good point crazy feet, apart from Greenock HSFP I can not think of one club that's made progress in the nationals/ district cups

when moving from the SAFL in fact I would say the majority have went backwards.

I do agree that the SAFL has been on the down ward spiral for a good few years now, yet there keep producing clubs that other leagues find attractive to have,so they must being doing something right.

Maybe its the format of straight forward promotion and relegation of 2 or 3 up / down so clubs find there right level to compete at.

I take a few years for good teams to get the top of safl. It's a pain in the arse. You can do it in one in the cale and central. Much better structure.

St Pats have been in the top league for years now and they got to the semi final last year. That's pretty good if you ask me.

St Pats have been in the top league for years now and they got to the semi final last year. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Good Scottish run last year but fighting relegation every year in the central and looking like going down this year.

Be interesting to see if the players enjoy that more than winning leagues and cups in SAFL every season and also getting a good cup run or winning a major.

Crazy Feet all good clubs go through transitional periods at times due to various reasons.

In cases it can take a couple of seasons to pull another side together.

Or

You can simply just pay players for an immediate fix.

But hey.... this is amateur football and it's against the rules of the game to do such.

There's a definite change in attitude in thenew generation of players to the older generation who are reaching the end of their playing days.

I don't know how managers and committee's put up with it when you see how hard these guys work to keep clubs afloat, and they get nothing back in return from the players.

The old rule of dont train you don't play is now gone I've found.

It still happens at some clubs but they are the minority.

A lot clubs can't afford to drop some players so they don't need the correct attitude to train etc.

Archived