Montrose v Clyde

Maybe but at least it's truthful, comeback when your ahem ""club"" has spent 10+ years challenging at the top of the championship, or when you have any other ambition than to scrimp and scrape by from week to week, accomplishing the square root of nothing.

Like it or lump it, we are the only club in this league who has any kind of ambition whatsoever other than to meanlessly carry on.

:lol:

Brilliant, will read again.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose, by all accounts, are an utter gang; had it not been for the ridiculous actions of Bolo, I'm certain we'd have won that. Beyond that, though, it was a very even game. If Linton put his penalty away I'd have been confident that we'd get some sort of a result, but as it was some slack defending let them score the winner. Definitely points dropped; as I said, Montrose were poor. Perhaps Templeman will give them a bit more impetus and nous going forward, but they were dreadful. For us, the result (even with 10 men) makes me doubt our title credentials, although a good run and wins from the games in hand could see us in the mix. Results, largely, went our way today which helps.

Title credentials!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgive me if I don't pay attention to the "insights" of a guy whose club have been grubbing around at this level for years too, without really threatening to ever win promotion themselves.

And in case you hadn't noticed, we're only actually three points behind you. Maybe I shoiuld turn the tables and ask how "ambitious" a club are who rent a council owned facility, and who seem to regard their future nirvana as ground sharing with a junior club in Shettleston- if it ever actually happens.

If only we were as ambitious as the Clyde. :(

Fucking iPad. Sorry for the riddy. You know where I stand with The Mo

Maybe but at least it's truthful, comeback when your ahem ""club"" has spent 10+ years challenging at the top of the championship, or when you have any other ambition than to scrimp and scrape by from week to week, accomplishing the square root of nothing.

Like it or lump it, we are the only club in this league who has any kind of ambition whatsoever other than to meanlessly carry on.

Chin up CLYDE ULTRA, 9 points with 2 games in hand is nothing for a club with ambition.

You've honestly no idea how wonderfully ironic you are,do you,keep it up dreamer

Title credentials!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't really expect your average Loltrose fan to understand the term, tbh. A supporter of a team which has almost exclusively been battling against 10th place for the last 20 years, and a team which signs bench-warmers from direct rivals, can't be expected to understand such terminology. I'd recommend that you enjoy the 3 points and continue to battle it out in the scrap for 10th place.

You've honestly no idea how wonderfully ironic you are,do you,keep it up dreamer

Prove me wrong then, as said diddy clubs like you are happy to do exist and that is all, offer nothing to Scottish football.

Again I await a legitimate answer from any of the 9 other diddies in the league, cards on the table what is the point of your existence?

I don't really expect your average Loltrose fan to understand the term, tbh. A supporter of a team which has almost exclusively been battling against 10th place for the last 20 years, and a team which signs bench-warmers from direct rivals, can't be expected to understand such terminology. I'd recommend that you enjoy the 3 points and continue to battle it out in the scrap for 10th place.

Montrose have finished in the bottom 2 seven times in the last 19 seasons. Not a great record, but hardly "exclusively battling against 10th place for the last 20 years".

Clyde have finished in the bottom 2 three times in the last five seasons. Montrose have finished above Clyde in three of the last five seasons.

Montrose have finished in the bottom 2 seven times in the last 19 seasons. Not a great record, but hardly "exclusively battling against 10th place for the last 20 years".

Clyde have finished in the bottom 2 three times in the last five seasons. Montrose have finished above Clyde in three of the last five seasons.

Please answer contextually in terms of the period questioned: the last twenty years. I think you'll find Loltrose have been partaking in bottom feeding for virtually the entirety of that period, even if they've had a smattering of brief forays beyond the promised land of 9th place.

Regardless of past or present "glories", today's game was a relatively even one. For me, a draw would've been the fair result, but Montrose were dogged and solid where we weren't. Can't have many complaints about the outcome.

Prove me wrong then, as said diddy clubs like you are happy to do exist and that is all, offer nothing to Scottish football.

Again I await a legitimate answer from any of the 9 other diddies in the league, cards on the table what is the point of your existence?

as jacksgranda helpfully points out, our record over the last five years is actually better than yours in terms of league finishes.

The only tragedy here is that you fail to grasp that your club is just as pointless a diddy irrelevance as the rest of us in this horrible league. Playing second fiddle to a made-up Lowland League club in an ice barn of a rented council facility, pinning your hopes on groundsharing with a junior team (assuming it's not just the latest snake oil being peddled to a few remaining gullible mouthbreathers), reliant on substantial personal investment from your manager to hire veterans in their fifth decade on a decent whack, to lose to all the "pointless diddy clubs" in this league.

so what's the point of Clyde? no marks with no ambition, stuck in the same shit league with no money for season after season with no real hope of ever progressing.

see? it's easy. I could say the same about any other side in the bottom two leagues, with the possible exception of Ayr and Dunfermline.

Clyde were a big club in the 1950s, as some of your elderly fanbase sitting in the stand may vaguely remember. For most of the time most people posting on this messageboard can remember, they have been also-ran diddies with little discernible purpose other than bumping between the bottom two leagues.

This used to be funny when Shawfield Stallion first ran it as a line c. 2009. The sad thing is some of you actually seem to believe his wind up from six-seven years ago and now parrot it as fact.

Clyde :lol:

Clyde = biggest club in division

evidence if we lose the other teams fans pile in you just don't get this on any of the other teams threads

you lot just set yourselves up to be ridiculed, you just can't help yourselves, biggest club in the league, maybe at one time, but not now, you are just a "Diddy", nomadic team that Scottish football does not care a "jot" about, there's the truth for you

Archived