Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

55 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Yes you could do it with one change, at either Newcastle or Carlisle...but then that wouldn't be a train from Glasgow to Sunderland, would it?

It's piss poor reporting at best and rabble-rousing at worst...BBC f**ktard

I don't think the rabble rousing is the product of the BBC but whatever.

Maybe arsonists, thieves and violent thugs are more deserving of your ire but everyone has their own priorities.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I didn’t realise quite how many people are closet Robinson fans. It’s rather terrifying. I’ve been commenting on an article regarding St. Johnstone’s Cammy MacPherson, who is rightly being called out for retweeting the Robinson documentary the other day. The amount of people who have come out to support him and his “free speech” is astonishing. Lots and lots of people having a go at me, urging me to “watch the documentary and decide.” Horrific stuff. 

Given the video is subject to a court order because of the proven defamation in it, I would image the young man who has already taken Yaxley-Lennon to the cleaners once will in time be after everyone who has published the video be retweeting it and he might find himself bankrupt, in court or both. A really special kind of stupid.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, clicking on the Tommy Robinson thread, I would fully expect to see clips of his vile talks.

It would probably still be better to and some context with it or a review of its content so others don't need to watch.

I once clicked on one and watched him getting lamped.

So you never know.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

I totally did not just try to click the "play" icon in the middle of that C&P job. 

Only a complete idiot would have done that then refreshed the page in case it had frozen…..

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

That being said, I'm also not a fan of folk simply posting videos without sharing their own comments. Do you support what he says in this video or are you against it? Saying nothing leaves people guessing and leaves you open to ridicule. IMO.

I posted it without comment so others could give their opinion without me leading them. I was then going to add my thoughts after. Unfortunately, someone mischaracterised what I was doing which then misdirected others. 

Anyway, here are those thoughts:

There was discussion earlier in the thread about who funds Robinson. The largest source of his donated income is from US neoconservative think tanks with a heavy Israel focus. Guardian revealed a list of these donors back in 2018. Although plenty time has passed since then, I noticed Guardian still linked to that same investigation in an article on they published yesterday, which suggests they don't think his funding sources have changed much. The interview in that video certainly suggests as much.

Some quotes from it:

"What we've seen since October 7th is the take over of our capital city every single week by pro-Hamas, pro-Jihadi groups who are encouraging hatred on our streets and the problem has been they are unchallenged by the police".

That echoes what you hear US Republican and some conservative Democrats saying about Gaza protests in USA. He likely gets coached by his donors on these talking points. He's also repeated Suella Braverman's line there about the police not arresting (law-abiding) Gaza demonstrators. That's where this "two tier policing" shite we're hearing from them originates.

If they won the war and took Israel, they're not stopping there, they're coming straight for Europe.

A 2000s War on Terror narrative that he's trying to bring back from the dead there.

The universities have been taken over. Qatar has bases in every western nation. Qatar are funding the universities.

Saudi influence over western universities far, far exceeds that of Qatar. He's not allowed to criticise Saudi, though, as its a close ally of USA and Israel. 

In conclusion, Robinson doesn't just stir up shite domestically, he also does the bidding of nasty forces abroad. His links to Russia have also been highlighted.

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Yes hurting the police whilst racially abusing people in a hotel is bad, however, …..”

Labour, there.

This is the sort of ‘peaceful protest’ that this newly elected Labour MP appears to be sympathising with.

https://x.com/tlloydjones/status/1818717567256793378

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the sort of ‘peaceful protest’ that this newly elected Labour MP appears to be sympathising with.

https://x.com/tlloydjones/status/1818717567256793378

That tweet says "massive support" when there looks to be about 100 or so people. It reminds me of pictures of the Westboro Baptist Church standing at the side of the road being ignored or ridiculed by passers by. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If indeed there’s anything like 100 ‘events’ the police will struggle to cope.  What’s the next step?

IMG_0008.thumb.jpeg.588d0a218dc2941543fddb0c0ca24073.jpeg

National service!

4 minutes ago, btb said:

National service!

Not the road I was thinking of.  I read recently that whilst the government would not deploy the army directly they might use military personnel to take over other duties from the police to increase resources.

I was in London the other week and passed by Downing Street, huge police presence at all three entrances.  There must be large number of police deployed in the capital and maybe other major English cities whose role could temporarily be delegated to others.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

If indeed as seems possible, there's rioting in Scottish cities tonight, does the smugness about not having riots then pivot to blaming Old Firm fans?

Depends if they turn up in their Rangers tops like the ones in the videos did. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not the road I was thinking of.  I read recently that whilst the government would not deploy the army directly they might use military personnel to take over other duties from the police to increase resources.

I was in London the other week and passed by Downing Street, huge police presence at all three entrances.  There must be large number of police deployed in the capital and maybe other major English cities whose role could temporarily be delegated to others.

P&B really need to provide us with a special sarcasm font.

Just now, btb said:

P&B really need to provide us with a special sarcasm font.

I didn’t think you were being serious.  Maybe I should have responded to the sarcasm first.

Something like ‘yeah giving fascist thugs military training is definitely going to address the problem’.

8 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

If indeed as seems possible, there's rioting in Scottish cities tonight, does the smugness about not having riots then pivot to blaming Old Firm fans?

Will you be smug if they’re proven wrong and there is rioting in Scottish cities?  Maybe a wee ‘I told you so’?

17 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Rioting? More likely a bunch of neds being arseholes which is a general weekend encounter in many town centres and schemes in Scotland. A few fat baldy casuals trying to organise the youth into freeing some Greggs sausage rolls isn't going to be Brixton or Toxteth in the 80s.