SuperBowl 50

lichtie23

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well according to the experts 8 of those games were against the worst divisions in football.

You still have to beat these teams, and you still have to beat two very good teams in the post season. (The Patriots usually get a six game head start by how weak their division has been), if anything Newton deflected the attention away from his teams shocking performance and put the scrutiny fully on him. Intentionally or not.

Don't think I've ever watched a super bowl where the two quarterbacks were so poor.

I like watching the NFL games on record where I can skip all the stoppages. Its brutal live, 5 seconds of play and a minute of players making grandiose celebrations for gaining 3 yards etc, another 5 seconds of play, another minute of stoppages. Brutal af

You need redzone most of the season chum.

Of course, answering the question politely would have stopped him from being eaten alive by one of most dominant defences of recent times. I'd want the hell out of there when you've been sacked six times, pressured 34 times and lose the Superbowl. Of course the Panthers just happened to go 17-2 without any leadership whatsoever. Peyton Manning stormed off without shaking hands against the Saints when he threw the game away yet nobody has ever questioned his leadership despite blaming teammates for multiple losses.

Which isn't what I said. I said he made his conduct a story by how he was acting and clowning around when times were good, was always going to bite him when times got rough. He made himself a target in a way Brady and Manning never did, they don't dance around say things like "if you want me to stop then stop me" which is why the media was never so ferocious towards them. I'm personally not mad about it but I understand the story.

Which isn't what I said. I said he made his conduct a story by how he was acting and clowning around when times were good, was always going to bite him when times got rough. He made himself a target in a way Brady and Manning never did, they don't dance around say things like "if you want me to stop then stop me" which is why the media was never so ferocious towards them. I'm personally not mad about it but I understand the story.

Why should a quarterback celebrate any differently from say a wide receiver or a running back? He shouldn't have to change who he is because some hack at ESPN says so. They lost because he overthrew folk, a running back who rarely fumbles turning into Stephen Ridley, Tedd Ginn having feet for hands or Von Miller having the jump on everyone. They lost because they played worse than the Broncos and if they win it's not because he's matured or became a leader or any other BS 'intangible' it's because his team out played everybody.

You could of course look at Brady's 'Come see me after we win' to the Seahawks and various other instances of QBS talking trash or celebrating which seem to lead to endorsements or praise for 'being a competitor' rather than accusations of lack of class. He's paid to throw footballs to people not act like a monk.

The media still hold a story about nicking a laptop in college against Newton which is basically the only major scandal around him persoanlly, Brady deflated footballs and endorses Donald Trump, Manning sexual harrassed someone at college, broke the terms of the settlement twice, allegedly takes HGH and sends hired muscle out to intimidate people yet is revered as a class act.

Why should a quarterback celebrate any differently from say a wide receiver or a running back? He shouldn't have to change who he is because some hack at ESPN says so. They lost because he overthrew folk, a running back who rarely fumbles turning into Stephen Ridley, Tedd Ginn having feet for hands or Von Miller having the jump on everyone. They lost because they played worse than the Broncos and if they win it's not because he's matured or became a leader or any other BS 'intangible' it's because his team out played everybody.

You could of course look at Brady's 'Come see me after we win' to the Seahawks and various other instances of QBS talking trash or celebrating which seem to lead to endorsements or praise for 'being a competitor' rather than accusations of lack of class. He's paid to throw footballs to people not act like a monk.

The media still hold a story about nicking a laptop in college against Newton which is basically the only major scandal around him persoanlly, Brady deflated footballs and endorses Donald Trump, Manning sexual harrassed someone at college, broke the terms of the settlement twice, allegedly takes HGH and sends hired muscle out to intimidate people yet is revered as a class act.

I'm not saying they shouldn't. But they don't, probably because the QB is the leader and leader's aren't seen to celebrate like that but put it onto the team. I don't mind if Cam celebrates, I do mind he bottled out of collecting his fumble "might get injured" come on man put your body on the line like your team has all year.

And Brady's legacy will be as a cheat, but the NFL can't come out and castigate someone for supporting Trump when a lot of Americans do that's just your prejudice against Trump rather than a genuine complaint of his character. I think Trump's a maniac but Brady a wealthy white man is probably Trump's audience. Manning didn't take HGH the guy lied. Neither are great guys but on the field they aren't dabbing around. Cam draws attention with his celebrations so when he fails it's more of a story.

Imagine being a sportsman having the audacity to celebrate. Shameful.

Eta: it's a fucking game!!! That's played for enjoyment. Who cares about all that. Celebrate as much as you want when you win, just be prepared to take it on the chin when you get beat. I hope he continues to dance and celebrate even more next season.

Imagine being a sportsman having the audacity to celebrate. Shameful.

Eta: it's a fucking game!!! That's played for enjoyment. Who cares about all that. Celebrate as much as you want when you win, just be prepared to take it on the chin when you get beat. I hope he continues to dance and celebrate even more next season.

I agree with all of that. Celebrate then if you lose man up and take it on the chin. I hope he celebrates next year then if he loses man up and act mature. If you give it out you've got to take it but he can't.

Walking out of a press conference when you're being taunted "not taking it on the chin".

come on man put your body on the line like your team has all year.

Name me a QB that puts his body more on the line than Cam Newton.

I don't know why you keep mentioning Brady as an example? :lol: Outwith NE fans basically everyone thinks he is a c**t.

Walking out of a press conference when you're being taunted "not taking it on the chin".

Name me a QB that puts his body more on the line than Cam Newton.

RG3 lol

My main annoyance of him is how over rated he is. Good yes, elite most definitely not.

To get annoyed because he was seething that he lost is a bit silly. The Panthers D/ST failed to do enough damage against a quite frankly awful Denver O. But Cam failed to change plays based on coverage, failed to extend plays and even with his wr core being awful over threw too many passes. He completed less than 50% of passes, and i didn't think the Broncos coverage was actually that good.

Will he bounce back like Russell did this year? I don't think so, but the Panthers will be a playoff team again next year.

My main annoyance of him is how over rated he is. Good yes, elite most definitely not.

Will he bounce back like Russell did this year? I don't think so, but the Panthers will be a playoff team again next year.

Panthers will be in the playoffs because of their division. They could easily become the new Patriots in that sense.

Archived