SuperBowl 50

lichtie23

Man loses big game, man is upset, man doesn't want to talk about it. Sums up the article pretty well.

Agree. He's reacting as I'd expect anyone to react in defeat. Philip Rivers, Bill Belichick and indeed Peyton all come to mind as guys who I've seen similar poutiness from in losing. The press can be very touchy if you don't oblige them and write their headline for them.

Dare I suggest Newton's getting it particularly hard as a generational thing with some reporters happy to pile on the brash, young, new thing.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I suggest Newton's getting it particularly hard as a generational thing with some reporters happy to pile on the brash, young, new thing.

Great point. He's had it since he entered the league.

Seen a good tweet earlier..

It took 19 games to finally see weaknesses in Carolina's team everyone identified prior to season

I'd agree with that. I think a mixture of the big game getting to some of the players, and a solid D for the Broncos. Although it think the Falcons showed the way in week 15 (I think).

It's not the first and won't be the last time the best team in the season has lost the Superbowl (83 Skins and 07 Patriots. That's a pretty good if unwelcome group for the Panthers to be with).

I don't really get all the fuss about the press conference tbh, he was obviously gutted at losing and going by a few reports and tweets I've read they had the two teams set up so close together that Newton could hear the Broncos gloating. Not that long ago Peyton Manning didn't shake hands with anyone after losing a Superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634653/article/newton-walked-off-from-presser-after-hearing-chris-harris-boast?campaign=Twitter_atn

I don't really get all the fuss about the press conference tbh, he was obviously gutted at losing and going by a few reports and tweets I've read they had the two teams set up so close together that Newton could hear the Broncos gloating. Not that long ago Peyton Manning didn't shake hands with anyone after losing a Superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634653/article/newton-walked-off-from-presser-after-hearing-chris-harris-boast?campaign=Twitter_atn

Yea I read that Chris Harris was the one gloating in Can's earshot.

I quite liked his reaction. Shows how much the game meant to him

The Broncos had the rights to do so. Let's be honest the Panthers had been doing it all season and during the build up too.

Just read even Wade Philips got into the act of mention you should let your actions on the field do the talking. :lol:

Did Cam try to start a scrap over the gloating? No: he walked away. Will Cam go whining to the press about the gloating? Most likely, no.

The desperate scramble to have a pop at Cam is hilarious. :lol:

Yeah it got no sympathy with Cam, happy to take the adulation and preen when winning and playing well, stand there and take it like a man when you lose!

This is a team who were taking selfies of celebration before the 2 minute warning during the regular season!

Take a leaf from Blair Walsh who answered every question when he made a proper c*nt of it in the play offs earlier in the season!

(None of these feeling are based in the fact the panthers are divisional rivals of my team ????)

Of course nobody ever slags off Peyton Manning or Brady when they call out their offensive line, bitch about decisions or play for stats, nobody calls out Aaron Rodgers for his touchdown dances. There has always been a nasty undertone to the media coverage around him.

The dancing winds people up and for that reason he should keep doing it. posters on here go on about the No Fun League whenever Goodell has a stupid idea but god forbid an actual player having a normal personality.

Yeah it got no sympathy with Cam, happy to take the adulation and preen when winning and playing well, stand there and take it like a man when you lose!

This is a team who were taking selfies of celebration before the 2 minute warning during the regular season!

Take a leaf from Blair Walsh who answered every question when he made a proper c*nt of it in the play offs earlier in the season!

(None of these feeling are based in the fact the panthers are divisional rivals of my team )

No starting Quarterback just now would have taken losing the biggest game of their life well. They still had a shot but they choked. He probably knew the whole if you keep us out of the endzone I'll stop dancing thing would bite him in the arse but you are still going to be pissed off. Beats Peyton manning thanking his corporate partners and God in that order.

Of course nobody ever slags off Peyton Manning or Brady when they call out their offensive line, bitch about decisions or play for stats, nobody calls out Aaron Rodgers for his touchdown dances. There has always been a nasty undertone to the media coverage around him.

The dancing winds people up and for that reason he should keep doing it. posters on here go on about the No Fun League whenever Goodell has a stupid idea but god forbid an actual player having a normal personality.

Belidick has been acting like this for years. But he's a genius so...

Belidick has been acting like this for years. But he's a genius so...

Belichek doesn't dance around to celebrate. Completely different, he's dour win or lose and he's not the face of the league. Like Brady and Manning are both dicks but don't celebrate like Cam does. Cam has the dab goes about saying things like "if you don't like me dancing stop me". It's been way overblown because people love schadenfreude and Cam served it up.

Belichek doesn't dance around to celebrate. Completely different, he's dour win or lose and he's not the face of the league. Like Brady and Manning are both dicks but don't celebrate like Cam does. Cam has the dab goes about saying things like "if you don't like me dancing stop me". It's been way overblown because people love schadenfreude and Cam served it up.

I was talking about post game press conferences. That "On to Cincinnati" thing was horrific after his team got embarrassed on prime time.

I was talking about post game press conferences. That "On to Cincinnati" thing was horrific after his team got embarrassed on prime time.

Ahh sorry, but it's all linked. If he didn't dab, talk and dance around then him being p***kly wouldn't be a story. Was always going to be tough for him after the game especially after he fumbled the ball then completely bottled trying to get it back. Leadership and childishness was questions he faced last few years and yesterday they came back round.

Ahh sorry, but it's all linked. If he didn't dab, talk and dance around then him being p***kly wouldn't be a story. Was always going to be tough for him after the game especially after he fumbled the ball then completely bottled trying to get it back. Leadership and childishness was questions he faced last few years and yesterday they came back round.

Of course, answering the question politely would have stopped him from being eaten alive by one of most dominant defences of recent times. I'd want the hell out of there when you've been sacked six times, pressured 34 times and lose the Superbowl. Of course the Panthers just happened to go 17-2 without any leadership whatsoever. Peyton Manning stormed off without shaking hands against the Saints when he threw the game away yet nobody has ever questioned his leadership despite blaming teammates for multiple losses.

Don't think I've ever watched a super bowl where the two quarterbacks were so poor.

I like watching the NFL games on record where I can skip all the stoppages. Its brutal live, 5 seconds of play and a minute of players making grandiose celebrations for gaining 3 yards etc, another 5 seconds of play, another minute of stoppages. Brutal af

Archived